December 31, 2010 08:51:37 GMT
Emma Stone scored coveted role in 'Spider-Man' reboot, Justin Bieber was youngest artist to win at AMAs, Ryan Reynolds and Scarlett Johansson filed for divorce.
The last three months of 2010 have one common trait which is getting stronger as the year inched closer to holiday season. Despite reasons to gather with family at Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Year, a lot of celebrity couples chose to split. Meanwhile, the awards season were shaping up with the announcement of nominees and lots of artists were given "the most" and "-est" titles.
Through this Kaleidoscope, AceShowbiz presents the important events happening in the entertainment world in the last 12 months. Divided into quarters, the annual Kaleidoscope is published between December 28 and 31.
Having been praised for her performance in "", emerged as a strong contender for a female lead in untitled Spider-Man reboot among other rising stars such as and . Her red locks subsequently linked her to the role of Mary Jane. But when the studios published an official press release on October 5, it was surprisingly unveiled that she was tapped to portray another love interest of Peter Parker, a blonde girl called Gwen Stacy who once was played by in Sam Raimi's "". An interesting fact which was revealed along with the announcement is that Stone actually has a natural blonde hair.
- Other notable events of the month:
- Oct 05: was cast as Peter Parker's love interest, Gwen Stacy, in untitled Spider-Man reboot.
- Oct 06: joined Michelle Obama as Forbes' World's 100 Most Powerful Women.
- Oct 06: was confirmed to play Renesmee in "".
- Oct 08: filed for divorce from actress .
- Oct 08: sued for inviting teenage sex addict to talk show without parents' consent.
- Oct 11: and confirmed their separation after 11 years of marriage.
- Oct 12: and his partner David Burtka became fathers to twin babies, Gideon Scott and Harper Grace.
- Oct 12: confirmed her split from music executive husband Jordan Bratman.
- Oct 13: premiered "Only Girl (In the World)" music video.
- Oct 14: 's short movie "Runaway" made its way out.
- Oct 18: Release date for "" was announced and Disney will distribute it.
- Oct 18: debuted her first ever music video "Whip My Hair".
- Oct 20: and led winners list of 2010 MOBO Awards with double victories.
- Oct 21: was confirmed to portray Bilbo Baggins in "The Hobbit".
- Oct 22: "" set new R-rated midnight record.
- Oct 23: and wed in the fully-embracing-Indian-tradition nuptials held in Rajasthan, India.
- Oct 26: filed for divorce from Miley's mom in Tennessee, citing irreconcilable differences.
- Oct 27: "" and "" were planned for 2014 and 2015 releases.
- Oct 27: Syfy canceled "" and goes on with a spin-off to "".
- Oct 27: Marie Claire columnist bashed for criticizing overweight people on "".
- Oct 28: "" reunited the "Sound of Music" family.
- Oct 30: Alexandria Mills crowned 2010 Miss World mid China-Norway controversy.
became headlines when winning Artist of the Year at 2010 American Music Awards on November 21. The 16-year-old pint-sized singer beat the likes of , , and , becoming the youngest artist to win the AMA top honor. Controversy sparked a day after the prize-giving event with report suggesting Artist of the Year kudo was supposed to be handed to GaGa, instead of Bieber. Despite the rumor, fellow celebrities like and had nothing but good words for the young star. They agreed that the Canadian singer is now the hottest guy in the game.
- Other notable events of the month:
- Nov 01: 's publicist announced that Allen had lost her baby, approximately six months into pregnancy.
- Nov 01: 's representative said the singer is entering rehab for "emotional and physical issues".
- Nov 03: Synopsis for "" and "" was unraveled.
- Nov 03: 's "" made historical No. 1 debut with more than one million copies sold.
- Nov 03: Former U.S. President Bush reignites feud with over racist comment on "Today".
- Nov 04: released from New York's Rikers Island jail following his conviction on weapon possession.
- Nov 05: and ' nude pictures hit the web.
- Nov 07: won big at 2010 MTV European Music Awards, bagging three gongs.
- Nov 07: "" celebrated 45th anniversary.
- Nov 08: Oprah did a rare interview with kids at their Encino compound.
- Nov 09: Disney put an end to "" after two seasons.
- Nov 09: 's rep confirmed that she has split from director Darren Aronofsky.
- Nov 10: dominated 2010 CMA Awards by winning four trophies.
- Nov 13: Title of "" sequel, "", was confirmed.
- Nov 14: A rep of announced that she is engaged to Eric Johnson.
- Nov 15: The Academy announced that Best Animated Film category at 2011 Oscars will only include three nominees.
- Nov 15: received her Hollywood Walk of Fame, the 2,432nd.
- Nov 15: After months of speculation, confirmed she's dating .
- Nov 15: was promoted as "" regular.
- Nov 15: CBS cancel "" after its 7th season.
- Nov 16: Prince William did a press confrence to announce his engagement to Kate Middleton.
- Nov 17: filed for divorce from husband of three years, NBA basketball star .
- Nov 17: Paramount Pictures gave greenlight to "".
- Nov 19: was officially cast as Abraham Lincoln in Steven Spielberg's "".
- Nov 21: "" marked the franchise best bow on its first weekend.
- Nov 21: won the most nods at 2010 American Music Awards, walking home as the youngest singer to ever win Album of the Year.
- Nov 23: gave birth to a baby boy almost two years after her son Jett died of seizure.
- Nov 23: won the eleventh season of "".
- Nov 28: "Naked Gun" actor died after hospitalized for two weeks.
- Nov 29: and were announced as hosts for 2011 Oscars.
- Nov 29: debuted controversial mini movie for single "Hurricane".
- Nov 29: announced nine out of ten of its annual Most Fascinating People.
Very private couple and called it quits after two years of marriage. Just five months earlier, Johansson gushed on what marriage has done to her despite their young age. "There's a nice comfort in that," she said. "That part of your life is certain, in a way. You've got your home in that other person."
More events in: | |
- Other notable events of the month:
- Dec 01: , , and more to quit Twitter for charity.
- Dec 01: received the 2,425th star on Hollywood Walk of Fame.
- Dec 02: , and top new Billboard Social 50 chart.
- Dec 03: Coming out of the closet, walked red carpet with her lesbian partner.
- Dec 06: 's first official posthumous music video for single "Hold My Hand".
- Dec 06: leads Winners List of American Country Awards with five prizes.
- Dec 07: was confirmed to reprise her role as Galadriel in "The Hobbit".
- Dec 07: 10-year-old debuted at No. 2 on Hot 200, becoming the youngest female solo artist to break the Top 10 list.
- Dec 08: "" NC-17 rating was overturned to R rating.
- Dec 10: ' bong-smoking tape surfaced and dad apologized.
- Dec 11: Joel Madden and , parents to two, wed at 's mansion.
- Dec 12: won the seventh series of "".
- Dec 12: "" crowned its first all-female team.
- Dec 13: "" co-stars and announced split via reps.
- Dec 13: 's "Baby" and Antoine Dodson's "Bed Intruder" were named most-watched videos of 2010.
- Dec 13: and ended relationship after three years.
- Dec 13: received the last Hollywood Walk of Fame star in 2010.
- Dec 14: Married couple and revealed they were no longer together.
- Dec 14: was confirmed to be the new judge of "".
- Dec 14: White supremacists declared plan to boycott "" due to skin color issue.
- Dec 14: confirmed he will not return to direct "".
- Dec 15: 's Meat Dress Named No. 1 Fashion Statement of 2010 by Time.
- Dec 16: signed off from "" after 25 years.
- Dec 18: announced departure of their two founding members Josh and Zac Farro.
- Dec 19: "" won big at the 15th Annual Satellite Awards.
- Dec 20: Dan Brown will rewrite "" script.
- Dec 20: is engaged to the man whose ex-wife stole her husband.
- Dec 21: "" epilogue scenes were reshot at Leavesden studio in London.
- Dec 25: Playboy mogul announced engagement to 24-year-old playmate at the age of 84.
- Dec 25: proposed to over Christmas with $85,000 engagement ring.
- Dec 27: announced through rep that she is pregnant and engaged.