The engaged couple wins big at the November 10 prize-giving event, including taking home Female and Male Vocalists of the Year.
With three winners left, Carrie Underwood called "one of the finest singers on Earth" Martina McBride to come to the stage to help announce winner of 2010 Male Vocalist of the Year. It was Blake Shelton's honor as he beat Dierks Bentley, Brad Paisley, George Strait and Keith Urban.
"I love you, too, and I mean that," he answered a random fan who screamed to him before continuing "That's about 34 years worth of steps for me there, y'all." His fiancee Miranda Lambert was all smiles on her audience seat as he delivered his speech.
Both Shelton and Lambert scooped multiple gongs that night. Just before his Male Vocalist of the Year win, she received Album of the Year. "You know, after the night Blake and Miranda are having, I think we can expect a baby in nine months," Paisley said, causing the crowd to break into laughter.
Indeed, the couple is going to celebrate the night not necessarily by making a baby like Paisley has suggested because Lambert wants to go to church instead. "I don't know what's going on. I told Blake we need to start going to church," she said when accepting her newest trophy, Female Vocalist of the Year. That was the first time a couple grabbed Male and Female Vocalists since Tim McGraw and Faith Hill won them in 2000.
Before taking the stage to claim the honor, Lambert managed to hug Shelton. The award was presented right after a tribute to Loretta Lynn in her 50th anniversary as a recording artist. Sissy Spacek delivered the speech, and Sheryl Crow along with Lambert paid their homage in a music performance.
McGraw was about to close the star-studded event when he came out to read the last winner of the evening. It was the host, Paisley, himself who was handed the top honor, Entertainer of the Year. He said, "My hero Little Jimmy Dickens has a saying, if you see a turtle on a fencepost, he had some help getting up there. I feel like a turtle on a fencepost right now."
"I want to talk to the fans. It sounds like a cliche when you say thanks to the fans, but the great thing about country fans is when you say, 'fans,' I don't even mean mine. You guys are loyal to everyone in this room. It's the most amazing loyal fanbase in the world."
- New Artist of the Year: Zac Brown Band
- Vocal Group of the Year: Lady Antebellum
- Vocal Duo of the Year: Sugarland
- Single of the Year: "Need You Now" - Lady Antebellum
- Song of the Year: "House That Built Me" - Miranda Lambert
- Music Video of the Year: "House That Built Me" - Miranda Lambert
- Musician of the Year: Mac McAnally
- Entertainer of the Year: Brad Paisley
- Female Vocalist of the Year: Miranda Lambert
- Male Vocalist of the Year: Blake Shelton
- Album of the Year: "Revolution" - Miranda Lambert
- Musical Event of the Year: "Hillbilly Bone" - Blake Shelton and Trace Adkins