November 29, 2012 04:59:59 GMT
Radcliffe's 'Kill Your Darlings' and Bell's 'The Lifeguard' are competing in the U.S. Dramatic category, joined by other movies starring Rooney Mara, Jessica Biel, Octavia Spencer and more.
Getting closer to its 2013 edition, Sundance Film Festival reveals its lineup for U.S. and world competition categories on Wednesday, November 28. A number of movies which star already-famous Hollywood actors are highlighting the U.S. Dramatic Competition lineup, including 's Beat Genereation thriller "" and 's romance film "".
Also competing in the category, which includes 16 American narrative feature films, are "" which stars and , "" which stars and , "Emanuel and the Truth About Fishes" which stars , and "Fruitvale" which stars and .
Sixteen American documentary pics are lining up in the U.S. Documentary Competition category, including "99%" about the Occupy the Wall Street movement and "Citizen Koch" about the Republican Party. The World Cinema Dramatic and Documentary categories, meanwhile, are supported by twelve feature films from various different countries each. There are also a number of films joining the out-of-competition lineup called "NEXT <=>".
"Every great film starts with an idea, and it is a testament to artists that they continually find new ideas, new stories, new points of view and new ways of sharing them, year after year. We look forward to hearing from these artists not just through their words and images onscreen but also through the larger dialogue they create with audiences at our Festival and beyond," Sundance President/Founder, Robert Redford, said when announcing the lineup.
John Cooper, Director of the Sundance Film Festival, added, "The films, both documentary and narrative, selected for our 2013 Festival have a particular immediacy and fearlessness to them showing us that independent film is as vibrant, creative and relevant as ever. Filmmakers are telling raw, powerful stories that are sure to create new energy in audiences and communities across the globe in the months to come."
The 2013 Sundance Film Festival will include 113 feature-length films from 32 countries and 51 first-time filmmakers, including 27 in competition. In addition to those announced, Sundance will present feature-length films in the Spotlight, Park City at Midnight, New Frontier, Premieres and Documentary Premieres sections. Those lineups, as well as selections for the Short Film section, are set to be announced soon.
The 2013 Sundance Film Festival runs January 17-27.
U.S. DRAMATIC COMPETITION:
U.S. DOCUMENTARY COMPETITION:
- "" (U.S.) - Director and screenwriter: Jill Soloway, Cast: , , , .
- "" (U.S.) - Director and screenwriter: David Lowery, Cast: , , , Nate Parker, Keith Carradine.
- "" (U.S., U.K.) - Director: Jerusha Hess, Screenwriters: Jerusha Hess, Shannon Hale, Cast: , JJ Feild, , , , James Callis.
- "" (U.S.) - Director and screenwriter: Kyle Patrick Alvarez, Cast: , Denis O'Hare, , Dean Stockwell, , .
- "" (U.S.) - Director and screenwriter: Stacie Passon, Cast: Robin Weigert, , Johnathan Tchaikovsky, Julie Fain Lawrence, , Laila Robins.
- "Emanuel and the Truth About Fishes" (U.S.) - Director and screenwriter: Francesca Gregorini, Cast: , , , Frances Jimmi Simpson, .
- "Fruitvale" (U.S.) - Director and screenwriter: Ryan Coogler, Cast: , , Melonie Diaz, Ahna O'Reilly, , .
- "" (U.S.) - Director and screenwriter: Lake Bell, Cast: , , , Michaela Watkins, , Fred Melamed.
- "" (U.S.) - Director: John Krokidas, Screenwriters: Austin Bunn, John Krokidas, Cast: , Dane DeHann, , , , .
- "" (U.S.) - Director and screenwriter: Liz W. Garcia, Cast: , , , Alex Shaffer, Amy Madigan, .
- "" - (U.S., Qatar, Jordan) - Director and screenwriter: Cherien Dabis, Cast: Cherien Dabis, Hiam Abbass, , , Nadine Malouf, Alexander Siddig.
- "Mother of George" (U.S.) - Director: Andrew Dosunmu, Screenwriter: Darci Picoult, Cast: Isaach De Bankole, Danai Gurira, Anthony Okungbowa, Yaya Alafia, Bukky Ajayi.
- "" (U.S.) - Director: James Ponsoldt, Screenwriters: Scott Neustadter, Michael H. Weber, Cast: , , , , , .
- "" (U.S.) - Director and screenwriter: Lynn Shelton, Cast: , , , , , Josh Pais.
- "Toy's House" (U.S.) - Director: Jordan Vogt-Roberts, Screenwriter: Chris Galletta, Cast: Nick Robinson, Gabriel Basso, , , , .
- "" (U.S.) - Director and screenwriter: Shane Carruth, Cast: Amy Seimetz, Shane Carruth, Andrew Sensenig, Thiago Martins.
WORLD CINEMA DRAMATIC COMPETITION:
- "99%" - Directors: Audrey Ewell, Aaron Aites, Lucian Read, Nina Kristic
- "After Tiller" - Directors: Martha Shane, Lana Wilson
- "American Promise" - Directors: Joe Brewster, Michele Stephenson
- "Blackfish" -Director: Gabriela Cowperthwaite
- "Blood Brother" -Director: Steve Hoover
- "Citizen Koch" -Directors: Carl Deal, Tia Lessin
- "Cutie and the Boxer" -Director: Zachary Heinzerling
- "Dirty Wars" -Director: Richard Rowley
- "Gideon's Army" - Director: Dawn Porter
- "God Loves Uganda" - Director: Roger Ross Williams
- "" - Directors: Sean Fine, Andrea Nix Fine
- "Inequality for All" - Director: Jacob Kornbluth
- "Manhunt" - Director: Greg Barker
- "Narco Cultura" - Director: Shaul Schwarz
- "" - Director: Morgan Neville
- "Valentine Road" -Director: Marta Cunningham
WORLD CINEMA DOCUMENTARY COMPETITION:
- "Circles" (Serbia, Germany, France, Croatia, Slovenia) - Director: Srdan Golubovic, Screenwriters: Srdjan Koljevic, Melina Pota Koljevic
- "" (Chile) - Director and screenwriter: Sebastian Silva
The Future / Chile, Germany, Italy, Spain (Director and screenwriter: Alicia Scherson
- "Houston" (Germany) - Director and screenwriter: Bastian Gunther
- "Jiseul" (South Korea) - Director and screenwriter: Muel O
- "Lasting" (Poland, Spain) - Director and screenwriter: Jacek Borcuch
- "Metro Manila" (United Kingdom, Philippines) - Director: Sean Ellis, Screenwriters: Sean Ellis, Frank E. Flowers
- "Shopping" (New Zealand) - Directors: Mark Albiston, Louis Sutherland, Screenwriters: Louis Sutherland, Mark Albiston
- "Soldate Jeannette" (Austria) - Director: Daniel Hoesl
- "There Will Come a Day" (Italy, France) - Director: Giorgio Diritti, Screenwriters: Giorgio Diritti, Fredo Valla, Tania Pedroni
- "Wajma (An Afghan Love Story)" (Afghanistan) - Director and screenwriter: Barmak Akram
- "What They Don't Talk About When They Talk About Love" (Indonesia) - Director and screenwriter: Mouly Surya
NEXT <=> :
- "Fallen City" (China) - Director: Qi Zhao
- "Fire in the Blood" (India) - Director: Dylan Mohan Gray
- "Google and the World Brain" (Spain, United Kingdom) - Director: Ben Lewis
- "The Machine Which Makes Everything Disappear" (Georgia, Germany) - Director: Tinatin Gurchiani
- "The Moo Man" (United Kingdom) - Directors: Andy Heathcote, Heike Bachelier
- "Pussy Riot - A Punk Prayer" (Russian Federation, United Kingdom) - Directors: Mike Lerner, Maxim Pozdorovkin
- "A River Changes Course" (Cambodia, U.S.) - Director: Kalyanee Mam
- "Salma" (United Kingdom, India) - Director: Kim Longinotto
- "The Square (El Midan)" (Egypt, U.S.) - Director: Jehane Noujaim
- "The Stuart Hall Project" (United Kingdom) - Director: John Akomfrah
- "The Summit" (Ireland, United Kingdom) - Director: Nick Ryan
- "" (United Kingdom) - Director: Marc Silver
- "" - Director: Alexandre Moors, Screenwriters: R.F.I Porto, Alexandre Moors
- "Computer Chess" - Director and screenwriter: Andrew Bujalski
- "Escape From Tomorrow" - Director and screenwriter: Randy Moore
- "I Used to Be Darker" - Director: Matthew Porterfield, Screenwriters: Amy Belk, Matthew Porterfield
- "It Felt Like Love" - Director and screenwriter: Eliza Hittman
- "Milkshake" - Director: David Andalman, Screenwriters: David Andalman, Mariko Munro
- "Newlyweeds" - Director and screenwriter: Shaka King
- "Pit Stop" - Director: Yen Tan, Screenwriters: Yen Tan, David Lowery
- "" - Director and screenwriter: Hannah Fidell
- "This is Martin Bonner" - Director and screenwriter: Chad Hartigan
More Kill Your Darlings News: