Official schedule for 'Iron Man 2' panel has been put out along with the rest of day 3 and day 4's movies presentation at 2009 San Diego Comic Con International.
San Diego Comic Con International has finally put out its complete 2009 programing with the announcement of Saturday, July 25, and Sunday, July 26, schedules. With the outing of the last two days line-up, it is uncovered that "Iron Man 2" is indeed scheduled for the third day of the annual convention.
The Saturday schedule announcement confirmed that Paramount Pictures and Marvel Entertainment will present the "Iron Man" sequel from 04:00 P.M. - 05:00 P.M. at Hall H. It is unclear though whether director Jon Favreau and any member of the star-studded cast ensemble, such as Robert Downey Jr., Gwyneth Paltrow, Don Cheadle, Scarlett Johansson, Mickey Rourke, and Samuel L. Jackson, will make a special appearance during the time.
Beside "Iron Man 2", the Saturday schedule will also see a presentation of other movies. Miramax will hold a panel for first look at scenes from "Extract" with director Mike Judge and cast available for discussion, while Sony Pictures will present "Zombieland" and "2012" with both movies' directors, Ruben Fleischer and Roland Emmerich respectively. On Sunday, Overture Pictures will show off their "Paper Heart".
Held annually in San Diego, Comic Con will run from July 23 to 26 this year with a special preview night on July 22. Earlier, San Diego Comic Con International has announced the full schedule of its first two days, the Thursday's programming and the Friday's line-up, exposing the date and time of studio's presentation for "The Twilight Saga's New Moon", "District 9" and "Sherlock Holmes". The entire four days schedule can be read via Comic Con 2009 official site.
Saturday, July 25:
10:00 A.M. - 11:00 P.M.: Writers' Guild Panel: PG-13 Animation (Room 3)
- Is animation growing up, or is a PG-13 rating just an excuse for cartoon writers to use bad words and graphically kill off their characters? Alan Burnett ("Green Lantern: First Flight"), Matt Wayne ("Hellboy Animated: Sword of Storms"), Michael Jelenic ("Wonder Woman"), Charles Horn ("Robot Chicken"), Paul Dini ("Return of the Joker"), Greg Johnson ("The Ultimate Avengers", "The Invincible Iron Man", "Doctor Strange"), and Stan Berkowitz ("Justice League: New Frontier", "Superman/Batman: Public Enemies") will answer this as well as other, more serious questions about this new genre (if you don't count 1972's Fritz the Cat). Spoiler alert: Expect these writers to announce lots of exciting new projects.
- Mike Judge, the creator of such comedy classics as "Office Space", "Beavis and Butthead" and "King of the Hill" is back with his latest film "Extract" starring Jason Bateman ("Arrested Development"), Mila Kunis ("Forgetting Sarah Marshall"), and Kristen Wiig ("Saturday Night Live"). Join Judge and his cast for a discussion and first look at scenes from their new film.
- "Zombieland" - What if the Zombies won? Columbus (Jesse Eisenberg) has made a habit of running from what scares him. Tallahassee (Woody Harrelson doesn't have fears. If he did, he'd kick their ever-living ass. In a world overrun by zombies, these two are perfectly evolved survivors. But now, they're about to stare down the most terrifying prospect of all: each other. Also starring Emma Stone and Abigal Breslin as two sisters who seem to constantly cause even more trouble for our erstwhile heroes. Appearing on stage: Woody Harrelson, Jesse Eisenberg, Emma Stone, and director Ruben Fleischer.
- "2012" - Director Roland Emmerich has tried to destroy civilization before, but nothing you've seen will prepare you for what he has in store for the world in 2012. Never before has a date in history been so significant to so many cultures, so many religions, scientists, and governments. 2012 is an epic adventure about a global cataclysm that brings an end to the world and tells of the heroic struggle of the survivors. Roland will be onstage to reassure us it's all make-believe...we hope.
- In the sequel to the cult classic "The Boondock Saints", director Troy Duffy brings back Sean Patrick Flanery ("Suicide Kings", "Powder"), Norman Reedus ("American Gangster", "Blade 2"), and Billy Connolly ("The Last Samurai") and introduces Carlo Berardinucci, Clifton Collins Jr. ("Star Trek", "Crank: High Voltage") as a new partner-in-crime, and Julie Benz ("Rambo", "Punisher 2", "Saw") as the sexy FBI operative who is hot on their trail. Join Troy and the cast for a panel discussion about the new film and the world premiere of the trailer.
- Paramount Pictures and Marvel Entertainment present the sequel to the blockbuster film based on the legendary Marvel superhero Iron Man. Directed by Jon Favreau, "Iron Man 2" stars Robert Downey Jr.. Joining Downey in the cast are Gwyneth Paltrow, Don Cheadle, Scarlett Johansson, Sam Rockwell, Jon Favreau, Clark Gregg, John Slattery, Mickey Rourke, and Samuel L. Jackson.
- Direct from New York City, where he's directing the new Warner Bros. film "A Couple of Dicks" starring Bruce Willis, Seann William Scott, and Tracy Morgan, Kevin Smith returns to the Hall H stage for his annual report to the masses. And remember: he flew in just for YOU.
- Director and writer Scott Sanders ("Think as Thieves") is joined by cast members including Arsenio Hall, Tommy Davidson ("In Living Color"), Byron Minns ("Undisputed"), Salli Richardson-Whitfield ("I Am Legend"), moderator Elvis Mitchell, and more!
- Live with Zack Snyder! Plus Sneak Peek of "Batman: Arkham Asylum" with Mark Hamill & Kevin Conroy. Get the ultimate inside track on two landmark Warner Bros. releases with the world premiere screening of "Watchmen: Director's Cut" and a first-look panel for the breakout Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment game Batman: Arkham Asylum.
- The festivities will open with a "Batman: Arkham Asylum" panel led by the benchmark voices of Batman and the Joker, Kevin Conroy ("Batman: The Animated Series") and Mark Hamill ("Star Wars"), as well as award-winning writer Paul Dini ("Batman: The Animated Series").
- "Watchmen" director Zack Snyder, legendary illustrator Dave Gibbons and actor Jackie Earle Haley discuss the nuances of the film's Director's Cut - which hit stores on July 21st. And for the piece de resistance, Snyder will host a BD Live Community event-providing a real-time, in-person director's commentary for Comic-Con attendees (and BD Live viewers at home) as the film rolls. Audience members will have the opportunity to ask questions of Snyder via computer kiosks within the room, making for an entirely interactive viewing experience.
- Catch an exclusive early screening of the upcoming noir-action film "Give 'Em Hell Malone", followed by a Q&A with stars Thomas Jane ("The Punisher") and Chris Yen, along with director Russell Mulcahy ("Highlander") and writer Mark Hosack.
10:30 A.M. - 11:30 A.M.: The Art of Adapting Comics to the Screen (Room 5AB)
- Jeff Goldsmith (senior editor for Creative Screenwriting magazine) examines the in-depth process of adapting comic books to the big screen with a stellar panel including David Hayter (Watchmen), Gregory Noveck (Sr. VP of creative affairs, DC Comics), and Josh Olson (A History of Violence).
- They were kid detectives. Now they're 18 and still solving child crimes. When challenged to solve a murder, the Mystery Team sees an opportunity to prove they're real detectives. A dark world of drugs, violence, and swear words awaits them. "Mystery Team" is the first film by popular Internet comedians Derrick Comedy, and at this panel the group - writers/stars Dominic Dierkes, Donald Glover, and DC Pierson, producer Meggie McFadden, and director/editor Dan Eckman - will be on hand to discuss the film, along with a special VIP moderator. The group will also be debuting an all-new Mystery Team short film.