July 13, 2009 06:34:10 GMT
Official schedule for 'Iron Man 2' panel has been put out along with the rest of day 3 and day 4's movies presentation at 2009 San Diego Comic Con International.
San Diego Comic Con International has finally put out its complete 2009 programing with the announcement of Saturday, July 25, and Sunday, July 26, schedules. With the outing of the last two days line-up, it is uncovered that "" is indeed scheduled for the third day of the annual convention.
The Saturday schedule announcement confirmed that Paramount Pictures and Marvel Entertainment will present the "" sequel from 04:00 P.M. - 05:00 P.M. at Hall H. It is unclear though whether director and any member of the star-studded cast ensemble, such as , , , , , and , will make a special appearance during the time.
Beside "Iron Man 2", the Saturday schedule will also see a presentation of other movies. Miramax will hold a panel for first look at scenes from "" with director Mike Judge and cast available for discussion, while Sony Pictures will present "" and "" with both movies' directors, Ruben Fleischer and Roland Emmerich respectively. On Sunday, Overture Pictures will show off their "".
Held annually in San Diego, Comic Con will run from July 23 to 26 this year with a special preview night on July 22. Earlier, San Diego Comic Con International has announced the full schedule of its first two days, the and the , exposing the date and time of studio's presentation for "", "" and "". The entire four days schedule can be read via official site.
Saturday, July 25:
10:00 A.M. - 11:00 P.M.: Writers' Guild Panel: PG-13 Animation (Room 3)
01:30 P.M. - 02:30 P.M.:
- Is animation growing up, or is a PG-13 rating just an excuse for cartoon writers to use bad words and graphically kill off their characters? Alan Burnett ("Green Lantern: First Flight"), Matt Wayne ("Hellboy Animated: Sword of Storms"), Michael Jelenic ("Wonder Woman"), Charles Horn ("Robot Chicken"), Paul Dini ("Return of the Joker"), Greg Johnson ("The Ultimate Avengers", "The Invincible Iron Man", "Doctor Strange"), and Stan Berkowitz ("Justice League: New Frontier", "Superman/Batman: Public Enemies") will answer this as well as other, more serious questions about this new genre (if you don't count 1972's Fritz the Cat). Spoiler alert: Expect these writers to announce lots of exciting new projects.
Miramax: "" (Hall H)
02:45 P.M. - 03:45 P.M.:
- Mike Judge, the creator of such comedy classics as "Office Space", "Beavis and Butthead" and "King of the Hill" is back with his latest film "Extract" starring (""), (""), and (""). Join Judge and his cast for a discussion and first look at scenes from their new film.
Sony Pictures: "" and "" (Hall H)
03:30 P.M. - 04:30 P.M.:
- "Zombieland" - What if the Zombies won? Columbus () has made a habit of running from what scares him. Tallahassee ( doesn't have fears. If he did, he'd kick their ever-living ass. In a world overrun by zombies, these two are perfectly evolved survivors. But now, they're about to stare down the most terrifying prospect of all: each other. Also starring and Abigal Breslin as two sisters who seem to constantly cause even more trouble for our erstwhile heroes. Appearing on stage: , , , and director Ruben Fleischer.
- "2012" - Director Roland Emmerich has tried to destroy civilization before, but nothing you've seen will prepare you for what he has in store for the world in 2012. Never before has a date in history been so significant to so many cultures, so many religions, scientists, and governments. 2012 is an epic adventure about a global cataclysm that brings an end to the world and tells of the heroic struggle of the survivors. Roland will be onstage to reassure us it's all make-believe...we hope.
"Boondock Saints II: All Saints Day" (Room 6DE)
04:00 P.M. - 05:00 P.M.:
- In the sequel to the cult classic "The Boondock Saints", director Troy Duffy brings back ("Suicide Kings", "Powder"), ("", "Blade 2"), and ("") and introduces Carlo Berardinucci, ("", "") as a new partner-in-crime, and ("", "Punisher 2", "Saw") as the sexy FBI operative who is hot on their trail. Join Troy and the cast for a panel discussion about the new film and the world premiere of the trailer.
Paramount Pictures and Marvel Entertainment: "" (Hall H)
05:15 P.M. - 06:45 P.M.:
- Paramount Pictures and Marvel Entertainment present the sequel to the blockbuster film based on the legendary Marvel superhero Iron Man. Directed by , "Iron Man 2" stars . Joining Downey in the cast are , , , , Jon Favreau, , , , and .
Kevin Smith (Hall H)
06:30 P.M. - 07:30 P.M.:
- Direct from New York City, where he's directing the new Warner Bros. film "A Couple of Dicks" starring , , and Tracy Morgan, Kevin Smith returns to the Hall H stage for his annual report to the masses. And remember: he flew in just for YOU.
"" (Room 5AB)
08:30 P.M. - 12:15 P.M.:
- Director and writer Scott Sanders ("Think as Thieves") is joined by cast members including Arsenio Hall, Tommy Davidson ("In Living Color"), Byron Minns ("Undisputed"), Salli Richardson-Whitfield (""), moderator Elvis Mitchell, and more!
": Director's Cut" (Room 6BCF)
10:00 P.M. - 12:00 A.M.:
- Live with Zack Snyder! Plus Sneak Peek of "Batman: Arkham Asylum" with Mark Hamill & Kevin Conroy. Get the ultimate inside track on two landmark Warner Bros. releases with the world premiere screening of "Watchmen: Director's Cut" and a first-look panel for the breakout Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment game Batman: Arkham Asylum.
- The festivities will open with a "Batman: Arkham Asylum" panel led by the benchmark voices of Batman and the Joker, Kevin Conroy ("Batman: The Animated Series") and ("Star Wars"), as well as award-winning writer Paul Dini ("Batman: The Animated Series").
- "Watchmen" director Zack Snyder, legendary illustrator Dave Gibbons and actor discuss the nuances of the film's Director's Cut - which hit stores on July 21st. And for the piece de resistance, Snyder will host a BD Live Community event-providing a real-time, in-person director's commentary for Comic-Con attendees (and BD Live viewers at home) as the film rolls. Audience members will have the opportunity to ask questions of Snyder via computer kiosks within the room, making for an entirely interactive viewing experience.
"" Screening and Panel (Room 6DE)
Sunday, July 26:
10:30 A.M. - 11:30 A.M.:
- Catch an exclusive early screening of the upcoming noir-action film "Give 'Em Hell Malone", followed by a Q&A with stars ("") and Chris Yen, along with director Russell Mulcahy ("Highlander") and writer Mark Hosack.
The Art of Adapting Comics to the Screen (Room 5AB)
12:30 P.M. - 01:00 P.M.:
- Jeff Goldsmith (senior editor for Creative Screenwriting magazine) examines the in-depth process of adapting comic books to the big screen with a stellar panel including David Hayter (Watchmen), Gregory Noveck (Sr. VP of creative affairs, DC Comics), and Josh Olson (A History of Violence).
Roadside Attractions: "Mystery Team" (Ballroom 20)
01:00 P.M. - 01:30 P.M.:
- They were kid detectives. Now they're 18 and still solving child crimes. When challenged to solve a murder, the Mystery Team sees an opportunity to prove they're real detectives. A dark world of drugs, violence, and swear words awaits them. "Mystery Team" is the first film by popular Internet comedians Derrick Comedy, and at this panel the group - writers/stars Dominic Dierkes, Donald Glover, and DC Pierson, producer Meggie McFadden, and director/editor Dan Eckman - will be on hand to discuss the film, along with a special VIP moderator. The group will also be debuting an all-new Mystery Team short film.
Overture Pictures: "" (Ballroom 20)
Despite professing a belief that she's incapable of love, comedian and actress Charlyne Yi finds herself falling for "Michael Cera," played by Michael Cera, in this intoxicating mix of documentary, improvisation, and romance. Charlyne Yi, producer/co-writer Nick Jasenovec, and co-star will be onstage to show clips and pursue the ultimate question: Does true love really exist?
More San Diego Comic Con 2009 News: