July 11, 2009 02:58:56 GMT
'Sherlock Holmes', 'District 9', 'Shorts' and '9' are among the upcoming movies to be presented on the second day of this year's San Diego Comic Con International.
San Diego Comic Con International has followed up the announcement of Thursday, July 23, schedule for Comic Con 2009 with the unraveling of the Friday, July 24, programming. The full schedule for the second day uncovered a slate of movies to be presented, some of which include "", "", "" and "".
Warner Bros. will be using the day to share a look at their forthcoming feature project. Taking over Hall H from 10:00 A.M. to 12:30 P.M., the studio is expected to tease on "Sherlock Holmes", "", "", "", "" and "".
Another highlight of the day will be coming from Sony Pictures Entertainment. The studio will give out a first look at scenes from "District 9" with introduction from producer Peter Jackson. It will also hold a panel in which fans can ask questions to Jackson who will be accompanied by director Neill Blomkamp and star .
Held annually in San Diego, Comic Con 2009 will run from July 23 to 26 with a special preview night on July 22. While some of the Friday's schedule can be seen below, the complete line-up which includes TV series presentation, can be read at the official site.
10:00 A.M. - 12:30 P.M.: Warner Bros. (Hall H)
10:30 A.M. - 11:30 A.M.:
- Join WB for a look at their much anticipated slate of upcoming genre films, including "", "", "", "", "", and "".
"" (Room 6A)
12:45 P.M. - 2:15 P.M.:
- Visionary director and screenwriter Henry Selick ("") and Newbery Medal-winning author Neil Gaiman discuss the making of the LAIKA/Focus Features 2009 breakout animated hit film "Coraline".
- Other panelists include lead animator and LAIKA CEO/president Travis Knight, producer Bill Mechanic (CEO of Pandemonium and producer of "" and ""), character fabrication supervisor Georgina Hayns (""), and voice talent ("" with IGN movies/DVD editor-in-chief Eric Moro as moderator.
- Panelists will offer an in-depth, behind-the-scenes glimpse at how this astonishing and suspenseful adventure - the first stop-motion animated feature originally produced in stereoscopic 3D - was painstakingly brought to life.
Disney: Animation Panel (Hall H)
11:45 A.M. - 02:45 P.M.:
- Walt Disney Pictures, Disney/Pixar and Walt Disney Animation Studios present a director panel with previously unseen footage from its upcoming animated slate, including "Toy Story" and "Toy Story 2" - Double Feature, "", "", "Prep & Landing", "" and "".
- Special guests include Lee Unkrich, Kirk Wise, Ron Clements, John Musker, and Hayao Miyazaki. John Lasseter hosts the panel, with moderating.
Robert Rodriguez (Room 6DE)
02:00 P.M.- 03:00 P.M.:
- Join famed director Robert Rodriguez ("Spy Kids") for a first look at his upcoming family film "", followed by Q&A.
The Design Process for Film and Television (Room 32AB)
02:30 P.M.- 03:30 P.M.:
- This panel gives a glimpse into the fundamental importance of illustration, as well as the seamless creativity between the key conceptual departments on favorite feature films and television productions.
- Moderator William David Hogan, director and storyboard artist ("The Orphan"), hosts costume illustrators from CDG, Local 892: Robin Richesson (""), Phillip Boutte, Jr. (""), Felipe Sanchez ("Green Hornet"), Christian Cordella (""), and Brain Valenzuela (""), as well as illustrators and artists from Local 800: Jeff Errico (""), Dawn Brown (""), Ricardo Delgado (""), and Josh Nizzi ("").
Focus Features: "" (Hall H)
03:45 P.M.- 05:00 P.M.:
- Focus Features and Comic-Con present an exclusive look inside director Shane Acker's animated fantasy epic "9", the feature-length expansion of his short film of the same name. Directors Tim Burton and Timur Bekmambetov are among the feature version's producers.
- Join Shane Acker, Tim Burton, Timur Bekmambetov, and actors and LIVE for this panel presentation!
Sony Pictures Entertainment: "" and "" (Hall H)
04:15 P.M. - 05:15 P.M.:
- Appearing on stage for "Legion": ("A Beautiful Mind", "The DaVinci Code"), ("", ""), ("", ""), (Silver Surfer in "" and Abe Sapien in ""), and director Scott Stewart (helming his first feature film after working on VFX for "", "", and "", among many others).
- Peter Jackson makes his eagerly and long-awaited first visit to Comic-Con to introduce you to the world of "District 9", which focuses on a world in which extraterrestrials have become refugees in South Africa. Please join Peter Jackson as he gives fans a first look at scenes from "District 9" and takes your questions along with director Neill Blomkamp and star .
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (Room 6DE)
05:15 P.M. - 6:15 P.M.:
- This look at the whole spectrum of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (from comics to toys to TV to movies to video games) celebrates the 25th anniversary of the world-famous brand. Moderator Gary Richardson (CEO, Mirage Studios) discusses the evolution of the Turtles with those people instrumental in the characters' incredible success.
- Panelists include Kevin Eastman (co-creator of ""), Lloyd Goldfine (supervising producer, 4Kids Productions), Steve Barron (director of the original TMNT movie), Karl Aaronian (senior VP of marketing, Giochi Preziosi U.S.A.), Matt Leunig (associate producer, Ubisoft), and Galen Walker (producer of new TMNT movie slated for 2011).
Lucasfilm: Star Wars Spectacular (Hall H)
- Get all the latest news from the Star Wars universe - including some of Lucasfilm's most tightly guarded secrets - in an all-new show format!
- Special guest hosts G4's and Kevin Pereira grill a galaxy of guests from The Clone Wars and beyond, including supervising director Dave Filoni, plus voice talent from the show and more!
- See a live table-read of an exclusive new Clone Wars script - leading directly into the series' second season! Find out about the worldwide Star Wars Concert Tour, the latest Star Wars games from LucasArts, upcoming DVD (and Blu-ray!) releases and more! And become a part of Star Wars history with your own Saga stories and movie memories! It's an all-new, interactive Star Wars Spectacular!
More San Diego Comic Con 2009 News: