San Diego Comic Con International has announced the programming for its first full day, July 23, which includes 'The Twilight Saga's New Moon' panel and Disney presentation.
San Diego Comic Con International has finally come up with the full schedule for the first full day of Comic Con 2009. From the programming list, it is revealed that Summit Entertainment as well as Walt Disney Pictures will be among those presenting their latest line-up of upcoming movies, such as "The Twilight Saga's New Moon" and "Alice in Wonderland", on Thursday, July 23.
Summit will make use of Hall H from 2:15 P.M. to 3:15 P.M. to give a special presentation as well as unveil exclusive footage of their three feature projects, "Astro Boy", "Sorority Row" and "New Moon". Especially for "New Moon", it is mentioned that surprise members of the cast will attend the presentation to answer questions.
In the meantime, Disney will dominate the Hall H from 11:00 A.M. to 12:30 P.M. to present their upcoming slate, including "A Christmas Carol (2009)" and "Tron 2.0". Aside from the movies' presentation, the studio will also bring along directors Robert Zemeckis and Tim Burton for the event.
In addition to the Thursday line-up, San Diego Comic Con International has also uncovered the special preview night programming for Wednesday, July 22. Comic Con 2009 itself will officially run from July 23 to July 26. Complete Wednesday and Thursday schedule, which includes comic book and video game events, can be read at the official Comic Con 2009 site.
Some of Comic Con 2009's Thursday Programming:
10:15 A.M. - 11:15 A.M.: Summit Entertainment: "Astro Boy" (Room 6BCF)
- Director David Bowers, producer Maryanne Grager, and stars Freddie Highmore and Kristen Bell debut footage exclusive to Comic-Con 2009 and answer your questions about bringing this beloved hero to the big screen.
- TheOneRing.net will take you behind the scenes of the latest news, announcements, and rumors pertaining to the Peter Jackson and Guillermo del Toro production of The Hobbit. Chris Pirrotta, Larry Curtis, Cliff Broadway, and others from TheOneRing.net crew offer this early look at making The Hobbit happen!
- Walt Disney Pictures presents key filmmakers, select cast members and previously unseen footage from its upcoming slate, including Disney's "A Christmas Carol (2009)", "Alice in Wonderland" and "Tron 2.0".
- Special guests include Robert Zemeckis, Tim Burton, Sean Bailey, Steve Lisberger, and moderator Patton Oswalt.
- The Hasbro design and marketing teams-Aaron Archer and Michelino Paolino (Hasbro Design), and Jeff Labovitz (Hasbro Marketing), discuss the upcoming release of the "G.I. Joe: Rise of Cobra".
- This panel will include special guests that you won't want to miss, plus Q&A time.
- Hasbro's design and marketing teams-Aaron Archer (Hasbro Brand IP Development), Jared Wade and Eric Siebenaler (Hasbro Design), and Michael Ballog and Matt Proulx (Hasbro Marketing)- present all the latest toys from the new "Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen" line.
- In this first public screening of footage in 3D from his much-anticipated action/adventure/fantasy, James Cameron, producer Jon Landau, and cast members take you to a spectacular new world beyond imagination.
- Get a first look at 3 brand new films in stunning 3D! First up, it's Columbia Pictures and Sony Animation's "Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs", inspired by the classic children's book, the film focuses on a town where food begins to fall from the sky like rain. See an extended 3D clip from this eagerly awaited animated film!
- Next up, legendary director Joe Dante makes his return to the genre he knows best with the 3D thriller "The Hole". Three kids come face to face with their darkest fears after they unlock a bottomless hole in the basement that makes their nightmares come to life. Join DanteÃ¢ï¿½ï¿½along with actress Haley Bennett ("The Haunting of Molly Hartley")Ã¢ï¿½ï¿½as he discusses his return to thrillers, working in 3D, and "The Hole".
- And finally, it's "The Final Destination", the new film in the popular series from Warner Bros. See an exclusive clip in 3D, from the upcoming film.
- Join Freddie Highmore and Kristen Bell as they premiere the final trailer for "Astro Boy" before it's in theaters.
- Join the cast of "Sorority Row" as they debut footage from the film exclusive to Comic-Con 2009.
- Surprise members of "The Twilight Saga's New Moon" cast will answer your questions about the second film in the series and debut never-before-seen footage from the new film.
- The great animator and director Terry Gilliam ("Time Bandits", "Brazil", "12 Monkeys") will introduce you to his new film starring Christopher Plummer, Johnny Depp, Heath Ledger, Colin Farrell, Jude Law, Verne Troyer, Tom Waits, and Lily Cole.
- Appearing in person to give you a taste of Pandorum are stars Ben Foster ("X-Men: The Last Stand", "3:10 to Yuma", "30 Days of Night"), Cung Le ("The Ultimate Fighter"), and Antje Traue.
- World premiere footage from Kick-Ass, based on Mark Millar's bestselling comic, is presented by director Matthew Vaughn ("Stardust", "Layer Cake"). Joining him on the panel are Nicolas Cage, Christopher Mintz-Plasse ("Superbad"), and comic co-creator John Romita Jr., among others, including a surprise guest.
- Focus Features and Comic-Con present a rare U.S. appearance by acclaimed Korean filmmaker Park Chan-wook, whose "scandalous vampire melodrama" Thirst just won the Prix du Jury (Jury Prize) at the 2009 Cannes International Film Festival. Park will show clips from the movie- which opens in select cities on July 31-and discuss his career.
- Be among the first to see writer/director Michael Dougherty's ("Superman Returns", "X2: X-Men United") creepy, darkly comic celebration of the scariest night of the year. Prior to the screening, Ain't It Cool News mogul Harry Knowles will moderate a panel featuring Michael Dougherty and members of the cast, including Anna Paquin ("True Blood", "X-Men"), Tahmoh Penikett ("Battlestar Galactica", "Dollhouse"), and Brian Cox ("The Bourne Identity", "X2: X-Men United").