'Thrones', 'Abbey' and 'Homeland' are racing for the best drama series title, while '30 Rock', 'Big Bang Theory' and 'Modern Family' are nominated in the best comedy series category.
The Primetime Emmy Awards has passed a couple of months ago, but some shows are still able to add more trophies to their shelves this year. Producers Guild of America has just announced the nomination list of its 24th annual award show, unveiling cable channels' domination in the drama category.
"Game of Thrones" (HBO), "Downton Abbey" (PBS), "Homeland" (Showtime), "Mad Men" (AMC) and "Breaking Bad" (AMC) are all up for The Norman Felton Award. Missing from the list is another acclaimed series "Boardwalk Empire", preventing HBO from taking two noms in the category.
The comedy series which are eying The Danny Thomas Award are "30 Rock" (NBC), "The Big Bang Theory" (CBS), "Curb Your Enthusiasm" (HBO), "Louie" (FX) and Emmy winner "Modern Family".
In reality competition series, long-running shows "The Amazing Race", "Dancing with the Stars", "Project Runway" and "Top Chef" face off relatively new show "The Voice".
Meanwhile, "The Colbert Report", "Jimmy Kimmel Live!", "Late Night with Jimmy Fallon", "Real Time with Bill Maher" and "Saturday Night Live" are fighting against each other for the best live entertainment and talk show title. "The Daily Show with Jon Stewart", which won Outstanding Variety, Music or Comedy Series Award at this year's Emmys, is not included in the list, perhaps because it didn't submit itself for this award.
The winners of PGA Awards will be announced in a ceremony set to take place January 26 at the Beverly Hilton. Nominations for feature film and longform TV will be announced January 3.
The Norman Felton Award for Outstanding Producer of Episodic Television, Drama:
- "Breaking Bad" (AMC) - Producers: Melissa Bernstein, Sam Catlin, Bryan Cranston, Vince Gilligan, Peter Gould, Mark Johnson, Stewart Lyons, Michelle MacLaren, George Mastras, Diane Mercer, Thomas Schnauz, Moira Walley-Beckett
- "Downton Abbey" (PBS) - Producers: Julian Fellowes, Gareth Neame, Liz Trubridge
- "Game of Thrones" (HBO) - Producers: David Benioff, Bernadette Caulfield, Frank Doelger, Carolyn Strauss, D.B. Weiss
- "Homeland" (Showtime) - Producers: Henry Bromell, Alexander Cary, Michael Cuesta, Alex Gansa, Howard Gordon, Chip Johannessen, Michael Klick, Meredith Stiehm
- "Mad Men" (AMC) - Producers: Jon Hamm, Scott Hornbacher, Andre Jacquemetton, Maria Jacquemetton, Victor Levin, Blake McCormick, Matthew Weiner
- "30 Rock" (NBC) - Producers: Irene Burns, Kay Cannon, Robert Carlock, Vali Chandrasekaran, Luke Del Tredici, Tina Fey, Matt Hubbard, Marci Klein, Jerry Kupfer, Lorne Michaels, David Miner, Dylan Morgan, Jeff Richmond, John Riggi, Josh Siegal, Ron Weiner
- "The Big Bang Theory" (CBS) - Producers: Chuck Lorre, Steve Molaro, Faye Oshima Belyeu, Bill Prady
- "Curb Your Enthusiasm" (HBO) - Producers: Alec Berg, Larry Charles, Larry David, Jeff Garlin, Tim Gibbons, David Mandel, Erin O'Malley, Jeff Schaffer, Laura Streicher
- "Louie" (FX) - Producers: Dave Becky, M. Blair Breard, Louis C.K.
- "Modern Family" (ABC) - Producers: Cindy Chupack, Paul Corrigan, Abraham Higginbotham, Ben Karlin, Steven Levitan, Christopher Lloyd, Jeff Morton, Dan O'Shannon, Jeffrey Richman, Chris Smirnoff, Brad Walsh, Bill Wrubel, Danny Zuker
- "American Masters" (PBS) - Producers: Prudence Glass, Susan Lacy, Julie Sacks
- "Anthony Bourdain: No Reservations" (Travel Channel) - Producers: Christopher Collins, Mike Steed, Lydia Tenaglia, Tom Vitale, Sandy Zweig
- "Deadliest Catch" (Discovery Channel) - Producers: Thom Beers, Jeff Conroy, Sean Dash, John Gray, Sheila McCormack, Bill Pruitt, Decker Watson
- "Inside the Actors Studio" (Bravo) - Producers: Producer eligibility pending
- "Shark Tank" (ABC) - Producers: Rhett Bachner, Becky Blitz, Mark Burnett, Bill Gaudsmith, Yun Lingner, Brien Meagher, Clay Newbill, Jim Roush, Laura Skowlund, Paul Sutera, Patrick Wood
- "The Colbert Report" (Comedy Central) - Producers: Meredith Bennett, Stephen Colbert, Richard Dahm, Paul Dinello, Barry Julien, Matt Lappin, Emily Lazar, Tanya Michnevich Bracco, Tom Purcell, Jon Stewart
- "Jimmy Kimmel Live!" (ABC) - Producers: David Craig, Ken Crosby, Doug DeLuca, Erin Irwin, Jimmy Kimmel, Jill Leiderman, Jason Schrift, Jennifer Sharron
- "Late Night with Jimmy Fallon" (NBC) - Producers: Hillary Hunn, Lorne Michaels, Gavin Purcell, Michael Shoemaker
- "Real Time with Bill Maher" (HBO) - Producers: Scott Carter, Sheila Griffiths, Marc Gurvitz, Dean Johnsen, Bill Maher, Billy Martin
- "Saturday Night Live" (NBC) - Producers: Ken Aymong, Steve Higgins, Erik Kenward, Lorne Michaels, John Mulaney
- "The Amazing Race" (CBS) - Producers: Jerry Bruckheimer, Elise Doganieri, Jonathan Littman, Bertram van Munster, Mark Vertullo
- "Dancing with the Stars" (ABC) - Producers: Ashley Edens Shaffer, Conrad Green, Joe Sungkur
- "Project Runway" (Lifetime) - Producers: Jane Cha Cutler, Desiree Gruber, Tim Gunn, Heidi Klum, Jonathan Murray, Sara Rea, Colleen Sands
- "Top Chef" (Bravo) - Producers: Daniel Cutforth, Casey Kriley, Jane Lipsitz, Dan Murphy, Nan Strait
- "The Voice" (NBC) - Producers: Stijn Bakkers, Mark Burnett, John De Mol, Jamie Evans, Chad Hines, Audrey Morrissey, Richard A. Pizante, David Pritikin, Jim Roush, Nicolle Yaron (additional producers eligibility pending)
- "24/7" (HBO)
- "Catching Hell" (ESPN)
- "The Fight Game with Jim Lampley" (HBO)
- "On Freddie Roach" (HBO)
- "Real Sports with Bryant Gumbel" (HBO)
- "Good Luck Charlie" (Disney Channel)
- "iCarly" (Nickelodeon)
- "Phineas and Ferb" (Disney Channel)
- "Sesame Street" (PBS)
- "The Weight of the Nation for Kids: The Great Cafeteria Takeover" (HBO)
- "30 Rock: The Webisodes" (www.nbc.com)
- "Bravo's Top Chef: Last Chance Kitchen" (www.bravotv.com)
- "Dexter Early Cuts: All in the Family" (www.sho.com)
- "The Guild" (www.watchtheguild.com)
- "H+ The Digital Series"
- "Red vs. Blue" (www.roosterteeth.com)