The CBS comedy series scores the most awards with three kudos, while the CW horror show and ABC's crime drama 'Castle' trail behind with two prizes each.
"How I Met Your Mother" and "Supernatural" won big at the 38th Annual People's Choice Awards. The former led the pack of TV winners, bagging three kudos from all three categories for which it was nominated.
The CBS sitcom successfully beat out strong contenders such as "Glee" and "The Big Bang Theory for the coveted Favorite Network TV Comedy. It also led Neil Patrick Harris to win Favorite TV Comedy Actor prize, and Katy Perry to grab Favorite TV Guest Star title.
Grabbing one less than "HIMYM", "Supernatural" should be proud for it managed to edge out other popular shows such as "The Vampire Diaries" and "House M.D." to take home the Favorite Network TV Drama gong. The CW horror series also beat "TVD" and "True Blood" among others to be named the most Favorite Sci-Fi/Fantasy Show.
Also going home with multiple prizes from the January 11 ceremony was "Castle". The ABC crime series was hailed as Favorite TV Crime Drama, while one of its lead stars, Nathan Fillion, was honored with Favorite TV Drama Actor title.
Meanwhile, "Glee" which dominated the nomination list with seven noms only scooped one through Lea Michele's win for Favorite TV Comedy Actress. The Rachel Berry depicter said in her acceptance speech, "I want to dedicate this to my amazing cast, my glee club. You are my family and my best friends. I'm an only child and now I have 11 other siblings."
"TVD" was not going home empty handed either, since its leading lady Nina Dobrev snatched Favorite TV Drama Actress award. Other winners that night included "American Idol, "Pretty Little Liars" as well as new shows "Person of Interest" and "2 Broke Girls".
The 2012 People's Choice Awards was held at the Nokia Theatre in Los Angeles with Demi Lovato serving as a musical performer. The annual prize-giving event also presented awards to people's favorite in music and movie industries.
- Favorite Network TV Drama: "Supernatural"
- Favorite TV Drama Actor: Nathan Fillion - "Castle"
- Favorite TV Drama Actress: Nina Dobrev - "The Vampire Diaries"
- Favorite Cable TV Drama: "Pretty Little Liars"
- Favorite Network TV Comedy: "How I Met Your Mother"
- Favorite TV Comedy Actor: Neil Patrick Harris - "How I Met Your Mother"
- Favorite TV Comedy Actress: Lea Michele - "Glee"
- Favorite Cable TV Comedy: "Hot in Cleveland"
- Favorite TV Competition Show: "American Idol"
- Favorite TV Crime Drama: "Castle"
- Favorite Sci-Fi/Fantasy Show: "Supernatural"
- Favorite Daytime TV Host: Ellen DeGeneres - "The Ellen DeGeneres Show"
- Favorite Late Night TV Host: Jimmy Fallon - "Late Night with Jimmy Fallon"
- Favorite TV Guest Star: Katy Perry - "How I Met Your Mother"
- Favorite TV Celeb Reality Star: Kim Kardashian
- Favorite New TV Drama: "Person of Interest"
- Favorite New TV Comedy: "2 Broke Girls"