NBC's comedy series '30 Rock' leads the pack with a total of 22 nods, including Best Actress in Comedy for its leading star Tina Fey and Outstanding Comedy Series.
Academy of Television Arts & Sciences has announced nominees for this year's Primetime Emmy Awards in full on Thursday, July 16. NBC's comedy series "30 Rock" led the pack with a total of 22 nods. The amount of nominations the show has received marks the most nods that a TV show has ever collected in history.
Beside scoring Best Actress in Comedy nomination for its leading actress Tina Fey, "30 Rock" also earned Best Actor in Comedy nomination for its leading actor, Alec Baldwin. Outstanding Comedy Series, Best Supporting Actor in Comedy, as well as Best Supporting Actress in Comedy were some other nods that the show got. In addition to those, "30 Rock" brought Jennifer Aniston a gong for Outstanding Guest Actress In a Comedy Series, thanks to her guest starring role as Claire.
Also nabbing multiple nominations was "Mad Men." The AMC's drama series earned 16 nods all at once, just one count less than those collected by HBO's "Grey Gardens." The show's leading cast, Jon Hamm and Elisabeth Moss, both scored a nod for Outstanding Lead Actor in a Drama Series and Outstanding Lead Actress in a Drama Series respectively.
Among the nominations that HBO's TV movie "Grey Gardens" nabbed were Outstanding Made for Television Movie, Outstanding Lead Actress for Drew Barrymore and Jessica Lange, and Outstanding Supporting Actor for Ken Howard. Partial list of Primetime Emmys' nominees is made available after the news, while the complete list is on Emmys.tv.
This year's Annual Primetime Emmy Awards, which is the 61st, will be aired live September 20 on CBS from the Los Angeles' Nokia Theater. Actor-comedian Neil Patrick Harris has been booked to serve as the event's host.
Best Drama Series :
- "Dexter", Showtime
- "Breaking Bad," AMC
- "House M.D.", Fox
- "Big Love", HBO
- "Damages", FX
- "Mad Men", AMC
- "Lost", ABC
- "Family Guy", Fox
- "Entourage", HBO
- "Flight of the Conchords", HBO
- "The Office", NBC
- "How I Met Your Mother", CBS
- "Weeds", Showtime
- "30 Rock", NBC
- Alec Baldwin, "30 Rock"
- Jemaine Clement, "Flight Of The Conchords"
- Tony Shalhoub, "Monk"
- Jim Parsons, "The Big Bang Theory"
- Steve Carell, "The Office"
- Charlie Sheen, "Two And A Half Men"
- Bryan Cranston, "Breaking Bad"
- Michael C. Hall, "Dexter"
- Hugh Laurie, "House M.D."
- Gabriel Byrne, "In Treatment"
- Jon Hamm, "Mad Men"
- Simon Baker, "The Mentalist"
- Tina Fey, "30 Rock"
- Christina Applegate, "Samantha Who?"
- Julia Louis-Dreyfus, "The New Adventures Of Old Christine"
- Sarah Silverman, "The Sarah Silverman Program"
- Toni Collette, "United States Of Tara"
- Mary-Louise Parker, "Weeds"
- Sally Field, "Brothers & Sisters"
- Glenn Close, "Damages"
- Mariska Hargitay, "Law & Order: Special Victims Unit"
- Elisabeth Moss, "Mad Men"
- Holly Hunter, "Saving Grace"
- Kyra Sedgwick, "The Closer"