WHAT'S HOT?

Woody Allen Says Dylan Farrow's Sexual Assault Allegation Is 'Untrue'

February 03, 2014 02:48:29 GMT

The 'Blue Jasmine' director's publicist Leslee Dart says, 'Mr. Allen has read the article and found it untrue and disgraceful.'


Woody Allen
See larger image
Photo credit: Ian Wilson/WENN

A representative for Woody Allen has responded to sexual assault claim which was launched by his adoptive daughter Dylan Farrow in an open letter published on Saturday, February 1 on New York Post. His publicist Leslee Dart stated on Sunday that the claim was not true.

"Mr. Allen has read the article and found it untrue and disgraceful. He will be responding very soon," Dart said, as quoted by CNN. "At the time, a thorough investigation was conducted by court appointed independent experts. The experts concluded there was no credible evidence of molestation; that Dylan Farrow had an inability to distinguish between fantasy and reality; and that Dylan Farrow had likely been coached by her mother Mia Farrow. No charges were ever filed."

The "Blue Jasmine" director's lawyer Elkan Abramowitz additionally stated, "It is tragic that after 20 years a story engineered by a vengeful lover resurfaces after it was fully vetted and rejected by independent authorities. The one to blame for Dylan's distress is neither Dylan nor Woody Allen."

In the open letter, the 28-year-old Dylan claimed that Allen sexually abused her when she was only 7 years old. "Woody Allen took me by the hand and let me into a dim, closet-like attic on the second floor of our house," she wrote, revealing what the director did that time. Allen's son with Mia Farrow, Ronan Farrow, supported his sister after the open letter was published. "I love and support my sister and I think her words speak for themselves," he tweeted on Sunday.

Dylan also mentioned some celebrities in the piece, writing, "What if it had been your child, Cate Blanchett? Louis C.K.? Alec Baldwin? What if it had been you, Emma Stone? Or you, Scarlett Johansson? You knew me when I was a little girl, Diane Keaton. Have you forgotten me?"

According to Hollywood Reporter, Blanchett has responded to the statement, saying, "It's obviously been a long and painful situation for the family and I hope they find some resolution and peace." Replying a fan's tweet, Baldwin wrote, "You are mistaken if you think there is a place for me, or any outsider, in this family's issue."

© AceShowbiz.com




Post Your Comments


Screen Name
Please Enter   
Comment
 
 
 
RSS
FB
Twitter