George Strait rounds out the list of this year's Country Music Association Award winners with his Entertainer of the Year win, marking the third time he receives the accolade.
Miranda Lambert joined Blake Shelton as one of the winners at the 2013 Country Music Association Awards. The Pistol Annies member and her husband paired the Female and Male Vocalists of the Year awards.
Lambert defeated other female vocalists Kelly Clarkson, Kacey Musgraves, Taylor Swift and Carrie Underwood, while Shelton edged out Jason Aldean, Luke Bryan, Eric Church and Keith Urban in the male department. Earlier that night, Shelton had won Album of the Year for his eigth studio album "Based on a True Story...".
As the November 6 show came to an end, Robin Roberts of "Good Morning America" showed up to announce the winner of Entertainer of the Year. The coveted prize went to veteran country star George Strait. It was his 23rd CMA and third win for Entertainer of the Year.
Taylor Swift, who was also nominated for Entertainer of the Year along with Shelton, Jason Aldean and Luke Bryan, didn't to come home empty handed. She got a share of win when Tim McGraw's "Highway Don't Care" which also features Keith Urban nabbed Music Video and Musical Event of the Year. She was additionally presented with the Pinnacle Award to recognize her success in taking country music global.
Also bagging two awards was Florida Georgia Line. They were named Vocal Duo of the Year and their song "Cruise" was chosen as Single of the Year. Vocal Group of the Year award, meanwhile, went to Little Big Town, who defeated The Band Perry, Zac Brown Band, Lady Antebellum and Eli Young Band for the prize.
Other winners included Kacey Musgraves (New Artist of the Year), Mac McAnally (Musician of the Year), and Jessi Alexander, Connie Harrington, and Jimmy Yeary (Song of the Year for "I Drive Your Truck").
Underwood, who returned as the host of the event along with Brad Paisley, didn't win any.
That night's ceremony featured a tribute to Kenny Rogers, with Sugarland's Jennifer Nettles, Darius Rucker and Rascal Flatts performing a medley of his songs. Luke Bryan sang an emotional ballad "Drink a Beer" dedicated to the memory of his brother and his sister after kicking off the show with his new single "That's My Kind of Night".
Other performers at the event included Taylor Swift, Blake Shelton, The Band Perry, Hunter Hayes, Jason Mraz, Keith Urban and Lady Antebellum. Rucker returned to the stage solo to close out the show with a live rendition of "Wagon Wheel".
- Entertainer of the Year: George Strait
- Male Vocalist of the Year: Blake Shelton
- Female Vocalist of the Year: Miranda Lambert
- Vocal Group of the Year: Little Big Town
- Vocal Duo of the Year: Florida Georgia Line
- New Artist of the Year: Kacey Musgraves
- Album of the Year: Blake Shelton, "Based on a True Story..."
- Single of the Year: Florida Georgia Line, "Cruise"
- Song of the Year (award goes to songwriter/s): "I Drive Your Truck" - Jessi Alexander, Connie Harrington, and Jimmy Yeary
- Musical Event of the Year: Tim McGraw with Taylor Swift & Keith Urban, "Highway Don't Care"
- Music Video of the Year: Tim McGraw, "Highway Don't Care"
- Musician of the Year: Mac McAnally