January 16, 2013 04:27:00 GMT
'The Incredible Burt Wonderstone' will open the festival, which will also have conversation sessions with the likes of Matthew McConaughey and Jeffrey Tambor.
Just a few days before Sundance kicks off, the 2013 SXSW Film Festival announced its early lineup on Tuesday, January 15. Star-studded magician comedy "" will serve as the opener for the fest, which will start on March 8. The movie itself will open Stateside a few days later on March 15.
"Everyone knows that we like have a good time at SXSW, and our 20th year is already well on track with smart, stylish and highly entertaining work," SXSW Film Conference and Festival Producer, Janet Pierson, said in a statement. "Though this is just a taste of what SXSW 2013 will have to offer, what better way to get the party started than with 'The Incredible Burt Wonderstone,' which had us laughing our heads off, despite an 8 A.M. Monday viewing."
Apart from "Burt Wonderstone", the upcoming Austin film festival will also have the headline-grabbing remake of Sam Raimi's horror pic "". Harmony Korine's "" will also hold its U.S. premiere at the event, while 's other film "" is set to have its world premiere.
In addition to the film screenings, SXSW will host conversations with some famous people in the entertainment industry, including native Texan and acting coach Jefffrey Tambor. A&E's pilot, "", will also hold a presentation in which it will reveal exclusive footage.
This year's SXSW will take place from March 8 to 16 in Austin, Texas. The full slate of films will be announced January 31.
2013 SXSW Film Festival Lineup:
- "Downloaded" (World Premiere) - Director: Alex Winter
- "" (World Premiere) - Director/Screenwriter: Joe Swanberg, Cast: , , ,
- "Everyone's Going to Die" (World Premiere) - Director/Screenwriter: Jones, Cast: Nora Tschirner, Rob Knighton, Kellie Shirley, Madeline Duggan (United Kingdom)
- "" (World Premiere) - Director: Fede Alvarez, Screenwriters: Fede Alvarez & Rodo Sayagues, Cast: , , Lou Taylor Pucci, , Elizabeth Blackmore
- "Good Ol' Freda" (World Premiere) - Director: Ryan White
- "" (World Premiere) - Director: Don Scardino, Screenwriters: Jonathan Goldstein & John Francis Daley, Cast: , , , with , and
- "" (U.S. Premiere) - Director/Screenwriter: Harmony Korine, Cast: , , , , Rachel Korine
In addition to nine full days of film screenings, SXSW Film will ultimately feature over 150 informative and entertaining featured Conversations, panels, workshops and mentor sessions. Major additions to the 2013 Conference include:
- A Conversation with - An in-depth discussion with the actor, including his bold choices with recent projects like "", "", "" and ""
- Humanizing Heroes: Storytelling Beyond Sports - The leading authorities behind some of today's most notable sports films discuss the evolution of storytelling in sports filmmaking, its influence on pop culture and its continued resonance across all cultures and backgrounds.
- ": Story to Screen" with Carlton Cuse - In a Special Event combining the SXSW Film Festival and Conference in one, attendees will get an exclusive first look at the pilot of Bates Motel.
- Jeffrey Tambor's Acting Workshop - Jeffrey Tambor continues the tradition of his much loved acting and life workshop by returning to SXSW Film 2013.
More The Incredible Burt Wonderstone News: