'Breaking Bad', 'The Big C' and 'Temple Grandin' are the winners of their respective fields in addition to BBC's miniseries 'Sherlock'.
Presenter of Satellite Awards handed out prizes to this year's winners at a gala ceremony Sunday, December 19 at the InterContinental Hotel. Not only honoring those in movies, the International Press Academy also recognized the talent in television world.
Coming as the winner of Best Drama and Comedy respectively are AMC's "Breaking Bad" and Showtime's "The Big C". Acting nods were given to two "Temple Grandin" actors, Claire Danes and David Strathairn, the latter for Supporting Actor category. In addition, the HBO TV movie also gained the title of Best Motion Picture Made for Television.
Once again HBO becomes the frontrunner in the competition, thanks to "Grandin" and another TV movie "You Don't Know Jack". The only winner from a national network is Alec Baldwin who went home with Best Actor in a Musical or Comedy Series for his role on "30 Rock".
In its 15th year, the Satellite Awards gala continues to celebrate the most innovative offerings in television, both network and cable, in addition to the vanguard of interactive arts.
- Drama Series: "Breaking Bad"
- Comedy or Musical Series: "The Big C"
- Miniseries: "Sherlock"
- Motion Picture Made for Television: "Temple Grandin"
- Actress in a Drama Series: Connie Britton, "Friday Night Lights"
- Actor in a Drama Series: Bryan Cranston, "Breaking Bad"
- Actress in a Musical or Comedy Series: Laura Linney, "The Big C"
- Actor in a Musical or Comedy Series: Alec Baldwin, "30 Rock"
- Actress in a Miniseries or TV Movie: Claire Danes, "Temple Grandin"
- Actor in a Miniseries or TV Movie: Al Pacino, "You Don't Know Jack"
- Supporting Actress in a Series, Miniseries, or TV Movie: Brenda Vaccaro, "You Don't Know Jack"
- Supporting Actor in a Series, Miniseries, or TV Movie: David Strathairn, "Temple Grandin"