Pretty Ricky Trivia
- Home > Celebrity
> Pretty Ricky
> Pretty Ricky Trivia
- Famous as : R&B quartet
- Birth Name : Pretty Rickie and the Maverix
- Birth Date : 1997
- Birth Place : Miami, Florida, USA
- Spouse : -
- Claim to Fame : Single "Grind on Me" from album "Bluestars" (2005)
- According to The Miami Herald, the band was formerly called Pretty Rickie and the Maverix before facing an objection from an American country band, The Maverick, to change the name.
- Their hit song, "Grind With Me," has reached 13th rank of the most-played clips on MTV.
- Had their own reality show, entitled "Livin' With the Blue Stars," aired on MTV.
- Pretty Ricky originally was the name used by their older brother Joseph Smith, Jr. while they themselves were the Maverix.
- Previously had been joined by their older brother, Joseph Smith. Jr, when they were still under the name of Pretty Rickie and the Maverix before Smith received a lawsuit from AEC, a one-stop distributor of records.
- "Grind With Me" has another version entitled "Grind On Me."
- "Grind With Me" has also been the top-played clip for almost 4 months on BET.
- Single "Grind With Me" has already sold over one million ring tones by the end of June 2005, making it as the number one selling master-tone for Warner Music Group in May and June period.
- Was also signed under Blue Star Entertainment International owned by their own father, Joseph "Blue" Smith.
- Was also called "Glitter Boys" because of their flashy fashion style.
- Has established a clothing line named Marco De Bleu.
- Recorded a cleaned-up version of album "Bluestars" for Wal-Mart and their young fans.
- All members are the sons of Joseph "Blue" Smith, but only Spectacular and Baby Blue who have the same mother.
- In response to The Maverick's objection, the band's personnel then dropped "Maverix" while also replaced "Rickie" with 'Ricky" to be sounded more masculine.