November 20, 2010 04:47:50 GMT
Ramsey County medical examiners ruled he passed away last month due to a condition called 'opiate toxicity'.
The death of rapper Michael 'Eyedea' Larsen has been ruled an accidental drug overdose. The hip-hop star's mother, Kathy Averill, discovered his body at his home in St. Paul, Minnesota on October 16, a month before his 29th birthday. Autopsy results from the Ramsey County medical examiners' office show he died from opiate toxicity, reports AllHipHop.com.
The overdose was ruled accidental and there is no specific drugs mentioned as contributing factors. Ironically, Averill said after his death that his son did not suffer from any addictions.
Eyedea is one half of underground hip-hip duo Eyedea & Abilities. He was remembered at a public service in St. Paul on October 28 and a musical tribute to the rapper was held at Minneapolis' First Avenue club on November 9, which would have been his 29th birthday.