The May 19 event hosted by Tracy Morgan is wrapped up after Prince, who is honored with Billboard Icon Award, performs 'Let's Go Crazy'.
Justin Bieber and Taylor Swift were among big winners of the 2013 Billboard Music Awards. Collecting multiple prizes, the two walked away with at least two top honors from the annual prize-giving event.
The Biebs won Top Artist Award and Milestone Award among other prizes that night. "I'm 19 years old and I think I'm doing a pretty good job," he said on his acceptance speech when receiving the Milestone Award from presenter Cee-Lo Green. The Canadian pop star was also named Top Male Artist and Top Social Artist.
Swift grabbed the coveted Top Artist gong, beating out other nominees which included One Direction, Rihanna, Bieber and Maroon 5. She talked about how her music covered "extreme emotional spectrum... Those are the crazy emotions and I want to thank you for making it the soundtrack to your crazy emotions," before saying her relationship with her fans is "the longest and best relationship I ever had."
The "Mean" singer, who was tapped as a musical performer at the event, also won the Top Female Artist, Top Billboard 200 Artist, Top Country Artist, Top Billboard 200 Album as well as Top Country Album. Her song "We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together" was also picked as Top Country Song.
Winners in other major categories included One Direction (Top New Artist), Nicki Minaj (Top Rap Artist), Rihanna (Top R&B Artist), fun. (Top Rock Artist). Macklemore & Ryan Lewis got multiple prizes for their hit song "Thrift Shop", while Gotye won several gongs with "Somebody That I Used to Know".
The show additionally presented Madonna with Top Touring Artist and Top Dance Artist, honored Jenni Rivera posthumously with Top Latin Artist, and recognized Prince's career in music with Billboard Music Icon Award. Prince also closed out the show with his performance of "Let's Go Crazy".
This year's Billboard Music Awards was hosted by Tracy Morgan and aired live from the MGM Grand in Las Vegas. The star-studded show featured performances from Bruno Mars, Selena Gomez, Pitbull, Christina Aguilera and Jennifer Lopez among many others.
- Top Artist: Taylor Swift
- Top New Artist: One Direction
- Top Male Artist: Justin Bieber
- Top Female Artist: Taylor Swift
- Top Duo/Group: One Direction
- Top Billboard 200 Artist: Taylor Swift
- Top Hot 100 Artist: Maroon 5
- Top Digital Songs Artist: Taylor Swift
- Top Radio Songs Artist: Rihanna
- Top Touring Artist: Madonna
- Top Social Artist: Justin Bieber
- Top Streaming Artist: Nicki Minaj
- Top Pop Artist: One Direction
- Top R&B Artist: Rihanna
- Top Rap Artist: Nicki Minaj
- Top Country Artist: Taylor Swift
- Top Rock Artist: fun.
- Top Latin Artist: Jenni Rivera
- Top Dance Artist: Madonna
- Top EDM Artist: David Guetta
- Top Christian Artist: tobyMac
- Top Billboard 200 Album: "Red" - Taylor Swift
- Top Pop Album: "21" - Adele
- Top R&B Album: "Unapologetic" - Rihanna
- Top Rap Album: "Pink Friday: Roman Reloaded" - Nicki Minaj
- Top Country Album: "Red" - Taylor Swift
- Top Rock Album: "Babel" - Mumford & Sons
- Top EDM Album: "Bangarang" - Skrillex
- Top Latin Album: "La Misma Gran Senor" - Jenni Rivera
- Top Dance Album: "MDNA" - Madonna
- Top Christian Album: "Eye On It" - tobyMac
- Top Hot 100 Song: "Somebody That I Used to Know" - Gotye feat. Kimbra
- Top Digital Song: "Call Me Maybe" - Carly Rae Jepsen
- Top Radio Song: "Somebody That I Used to Know" - Gotye feat. Kimbra
- Top Streaming Song (Audio): "Somebody That I Used to Know" - Gotye feat. Kimbra
- Top Streaming Song (Video): "Gangnam Style" - PSY
- Top Pop Song: "Call Me Maybe" - Carly Rae Jepsen
- Top R&B Song: "Diamonds" - Rihanna
- Top Rap Song: "Thrift Shop" - Macklemore & Ryan Lewis feat. Wanz
- Top Country Song: "We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together" - Taylor Swift
- Top Rock Song: "Somebody That I Used to Know" - Gotye feat. Kimbra
- Top EDM Song: "Harlem Shake" - Baauer
- Top Latin Song: "Ai Se Eu Te Pego" - Michel Telo
- Top Dance Song: "Harlem Shake" - Baauer
- Top Christian Song: "10,000 Reasons (Bless the Lord)" - Matt Redman