Penned by Gwyneth Paltrow's musician husband Chris Martin, the joint track is titled 'Me and Tennessee' and recorded for soundtrack album of upcoming movie 'Country Strong'.
Beside singing solo in the title track of "Country Strong" soundtrack album, Gwyneth Paltrow will also join forces with her co-star Tim McGraw in another song called "Me and Tennessee". The track is written by Paltrow's singer husband Chris Martin.
The album is due to arrive in the U.S. market on October 26 with 13 songs appearing on the tracklisting. The other actors who record songs for the compilation set are Leighton Meester and Garrett Hedlund. They sing "Words I Couldn't Say" and "Chances Are" respectively.
Gwyneth Paltrow is no stranger to music. She has previously re-recorded Smokey Robinson's 1979 single "Cruisin' " for soundtrack of 2000 movie "Duets" and once ruled Adult Contemporary Singles chart with the revamped version. Though so, she still reached out to Chris Martin to polish her skill. She reportedly asked the Coldplay member to teach her how to play guitar.
"Country Strong" will be released in theaters across U.S. on December 22 and has Paltrow playing a fallen country music singer named Kelly Canter with McGraw portraying her husband-manager, Ed.
Tracklisting of "Country Strong" soundtrack album:
- "Country Strong" - Gwyneth Paltrow
- "Love Don't Let Me Down" - Chris Young and Patty Loveless
- "A Little Bit Stronger" - Sara Evans
- "Chances Are" - Garrett Hedlund
- "Liars Lie" - Lee Ann Womack
- "She's Actin' Single (I'm Drinkin' Double)" - Ronnie Dunn
- "Shake That Thing" - Gwyneth Paltrow
- "Thirsty" - Hank Williams Jr.
- "Give in to Me" - Faith Hill
- "Timing Is Everything" - Trace Adkins
- "Words I Couldn't Say" - Leighton Meester
- "Coming Home" - Gwyneth Paltrow
- "Me and Tennessee" - Tim McGraw and Gwyneth Paltrow