Release DateDecember 01, 2015
StudioThe Weinstein Company
Cast and Crew
- Samuel L. Jackson as Major Marquis Warren / The Bounty Hunter
- Kurt Russell as John Ruth / The Hangman
- Jennifer Jason Leigh as Daisy Domergue / The Prisoner
- Walton Goggins as Chris Mannix / The Sheriff
- Channing Tatum
- Demian Bichir as Bob / The Mexican
- Tim Roth as Oswaldo Mobray / The Little Man
- Michael Madsen as Joe Gage / The Cow Puncher
- Bruce Dern as General Sanford Smithers / The Confederate
- James Remar as Jody
- Amber Tamblyn
- Zoe Bell as Six Horse Judy
- Denis Menochet
- James Parks
- Dana Gourrier
- Lee Horsley
- Craig Stark
In "The Hateful Eight", set six or eight or twelve years after the Civil War, a stagecoach hurtles through the wintry Wyoming landscape. The passengers, bounty hunter John Ruth (Russell) and his fugitive Daisy Domergue (Leigh), race towards the town of Red Rock where Ruth, known in these parts as 'The Hangman,' will bring Domergue to justice.
Along the road, they encounter two strangers: Major Marquis Warren (Jackson), a black former union soldier turned infamous bounty hunter, and Chris Mannix (Goggins), a southern renegade who claims to be the town's new Sheriff. Losing their lead on the blizzard, Ruth, Domergue, Warren and Mannix seek refuge at Minnie's Haberdashery, a stagecoach stopover on a mountain pass. When they arrive at Minnie's, they are greeted not by the proprietor but by four unfamiliar faces.
Bob (Bichir), who's taking care of Minnie's while she's visiting her mother, is holed up with Oswaldo Mobray (Roth), the hangman of Red Rock, cow-puncher Joe Gage (Madsen), and Confederate General Sanford Smithers (Dern). As the storm overtakes the mountainside stopover, our eight travelers come to learn they may not make it to Red Rock after all...