In addition to Best New Artist, the singer takes home Song and Record of the Year for 'Bad Guy' and Album of the Year for 'When We All Fall Asleep, Where Do We Go?'.
Billie Eilish has made a history at the 2020 Grammy Awards. She became the youngest artist to win all four major awards at the annual award-giving event that was held at the Staples Center in Los Angeles on Sunday, January 26.
Following her Song of the Year win, Billie was called to the stage again to accept the trophy for Best New Artist and Album of the Year for "When We All Fall Asleep, Where Do We Go?". Meanwhile, her mega hit "Bad Guy" earned her another major award as it was announced as the winner for Record of the Year.
Shocked, Billie didn't think her record-breaking album should win Album of the Year because in her opinion, Ariana Grande's "Thank U, Next" was more deserving. "Can I just that I think Ariana deserves this?" she said during her acceptance speech. Meanwhile, Finneas said, "We didn't make this album to win a Grammy. We didn't think it would win anything ever." He added, "We stand up here confused and grateful."
In addition to becoming the youngest artist to win all four major awards at the Grammys, she became the first female artist to win all four major categories in a single night. Meanwhile, "When We All Fall Asleep, Where Do We Go?" also nabbed Best Engineered Album, Non-Classical and Best Pop Vocal Album.
Other musicians who took home multiple awards at the 2020 Grammy Awards included Lizzo, Lil Nas X and Lady GaGa. Besides Pop Solo Performance, Lizzo notched Best Traditional R&B Performance for "Jerome" and Best Urban Contemporary Album for "Cuz I Love You". Lil Nas' "Old Town Road", on the other hand, earned him Best Pop Duo/Group Performance and Best Music Video. As for GaGa, her contribution to "A Star Is Born" soundtrack got her awards for Best Compilation Soundtrack for Visual Media and Best Song Written for Visual Media.
See full winner list here.
Winners at the 2020 Grammy Awards:
- Album of the Year: "When We All Fall Sleep, Where Do We Go?" - Billie Eilish
- Record of the Year: "Bad Guy"- Billie Eilish and Finneas O'Connell (Billie Eilish)
- Song of the Year: "Bad Guy"- Billie Eilish and Finneas O'Connell (Billie Eilish)
- Best New Artist: Billie Eilish
- Best Pop Vocal Album: "When We All Fall Sleep, Where Do We Go?" - Billie Eilish
- Best Pop Solo Performance: "Truth Hurts" - Lizzo
- Best Pop Duo/Group Performance: "Old Town Road" - Lil Nas X & Billy Ray Cyrus
- Best Traditional Pop Vocal Album: "Look Now" - Elvis Costello & The Imposters
- Best Dance Recording: "Got to Keep Up" - The Chemical Brothers
- Best Dance/Electronic Album: "No Geography" - The Chemical Brothers
- Best Rock Performance: "This Land" - Gary Clark Jr.
- Best Rock Song: "This Land" - Gary Clark Jr., songwriters (Gary Clark Jr.)
- Best Rock Album: "Social Cues" - Cage the Elephant
- Best R&B Performance: "Come Home" - Anderson .Paak & Andre 3000 a.k.a. Andre Benjamin
- Best Traditional R&B Performance: "Jerome" - Lizzo
- Best R&B Song: "Say So" - Pj Morton, songwriter (Pj Morton Ft. JoJo)
- Best Urban Contemporary Album: "Cuz I Love You" - Lizzo
- Best Rap Album: "IGOR" - Tyler, the Creator
- Best Rap Performance: "Racks in the Middle" – Nipsey Hussle feat. Roddy Ricch & Hit-Boy
- Best Rap/Sung Performance: "Higher" - DJ Khaled feat. Nipsey Hussle & John Legend
- Best Rap Song: "A Lot" - Jermaine Cole, Dacoury Natche, 21 Savage & Anthony White, songwriters (21 Savage feat. J. Cole)
- Best R&B Album: "Ventura" - Anderson .Paak
- Best Country Solo Performance: "Ride Me Back Home" - Willie Nelson
- Best Country Duo/Group Performance: "Speechless" - Dan + Shay
- Best Country Song: "Bring My Flowers Now" - Brandi Carlile, Phil Hanseroth, Tim Hanseroth & Tanya Tucker, songwriters (Tanya Tucker)
- Best Country Album: "While I'm Livin'" - Tanya Tucker
- Best Compilation Soundtrack for Visual Media: "A Star Is Born" - Lady GaGa and Bradley Cooper
- Best Score Soundtrack for Visual Media: "Chernobyl" - Hildur Gudnadottir, composer
- Best Song Written for Visual Media: "I'll Never Love Again" - Natalie Hemby, Lady Gaga, Hillary Lindsey & Aaron Raitiere, songwriters (Lady GaGa & Bradley Cooper)
- Best Music Video: "Old Town Road" - Lil Nas X & Billy Ray Cyrus
- Best Music Film: "Homecoming: A Film by Beyonce" - Beyonce Knowles