The teaser includes commentaries from Norah Jones and Ryan Adam with snippet of the song 'Dear John' played on the background.
Norah Jones' next studio installment "...Featuring" is coming out across United States on November 16. In anticipation of that, she gives AceShowbiz an exclusive teaser of "Dear John", one track she worked with Ryan Adams. She recalled how they ended up on the duet, "I was having trouble writing and I was kinda depressed about just the fact that I couldn't really write consistently and I remembered Ryan at that time just being like 'what's wrong with you? I love your song. I'm coming over'."
Beside Ryan Adams, there are a lot of other stars contributing to this project, making it a star-studded affair. The content ranges from one of her earliest recording sessions with guitarist Charlie Hunter in 2001 and a classic one recorded by Ray Charles to new material by such innovators as Q-Tip and her most recent performance on a song called "Little Lou, Ugly Jack, Prophet John" that she cut with indie rock legends Belle & Sebastian.
Filled with her carefully-selected musical collaborations from the past decade, the album serves as a kind of parallel history to Jones' own four albums, which have sold over 40 million copies worldwide. "A lot of the people on this record are people I've worshiped since I was a kid, and some of them are younger and more my contemporaries," she said. "Even though the musicians are so varied, the vibe of the songs makes sense when we put them all together."
- The Little Willies - "Love Me"
- Foo Fighters feat. Norah Jones - "Virginia Moon"
- Sean Bones feat. Norah Jones - "Turn Them"
- Willie Nelson feat. Norah Jones - "Baby It's Cold Outside"
- Norah Jones and Sasha Dobson - "Bull Rider"
- Dirty Dozen Brass Band feat. Norah Jones - "Ruler of My Heart"
- El Madmo - "The Best Part"
- OutKast feat. Norah Jones - "Take Off Your Cool"
- Q-Tip feat. Norah Jones - "Life Is Better"
- Talib Kweli feat. Norah Jones - "Soon the New Day"
- Belle & Sebastian feat. Norah Jones - "Little Lou, Prophet Jack, Ugly John"
- Ray Charles feat. Norah Jones - "Here We Go Again"
- Norah Jones feat. Gillian Welch and David Rawlings - "Loretta"
- Ryan Adams feat. Norah Jones - "Dear John"
- Norah Jones feat. Dolly Parton - "Creepin' In"
- Herbie Hancock feat. Norah Jones - "Court & Spark"
- Charlie Hunter feat. Norah Jones - "More Than This"
- Norah Jones feat. M. Ward - "Blue Bayou"