Delta Goodrem was among the winners at the 2008 MTV Australia Music Awards held on April 26, 2008.
The winners for the 2008 MTV Australia Music Awards have been announced on Saturday, April 28. Australian local artists Delta Goodrem and The Veronicas received the top awards at the annual event. Delta wins the Music Video of the Year Award for her video "Believe Again" beating other contenders, such as Stacy Ferguson aka Fergie, 50 Cent, Foo Fighters and Mika.
As for Veronicas, the twins female singers grabbed the award for Australian Artist Music Award, beating also some top names including, Delta and Silverchair. Meanwhile, the winner for International Music Artist of the Year goes to Timbaland. Another international artist that walked away with the prize is Pink who snatched the MTV Live Performer Award.
Beside giving away the prize for music, the Australian Music Awards also gives other awards not related to music, they are Good Karma Awards, Bad Karma Awards, Movie Star Awards, even Sport's Award. The Awards was also packed with famous names performing on the show, such as 50 Cent, Eve, Leona Lewis and Juliette and the Licks.
The MTV Australia first started in 2005 and this year's is its fourth annual. This time the event was held at Sydney's Australian Technology Park and hosted by Wyclef Jean.
Full Winners of the 2008 MTV Australia Music Awards:
- Music Video of the Year: Delta Gooderm
- Australian Artist Music Award: The Veronicas
- New Zealand Artist Music Award: Scribe
- MTV Live Performer Award: Pink
- Television Moment Award: The Chaser's War on Everything - "APEC 2007 Stunt"
- MTV Good Karma Award: Earth Hour
- MTV Bad Karma Award: Kevin Andrews
- Remake Award: William Wetheritt, Ja'mie's End-of-Term Shopping Spree.
- Movie Star Award: Matt Damon
- Sport's Award: Mick Fanning
- International Artist of The Year: Timbaland