Road movie "Into the Wild" leads the movie pack with four nods overall.
Completed the voting from its two randomly selected panels which each comprises of 2,100 members, Screen Actors Guild finally listed out nominations for the 14th edition of its SAG Awards on December 20, 2007 at the Pacific Design Center's Silver Screen Theater in West Hollywood.
Announced by actors Jeanne Tripplehorn and Terrence Howard, the substantial labor union made surprising decision by hailing road movie "Into the Wild" as the top contender with four nods in total. Trailing behind are "Michael Clayton" and "No Country for Old Men" which each score three mentions, including that in best supporting actor category.
In prime-time television slot, "The Sopranos", "30 Rock", and "Ugly Betty" each land three nominations to lead the pack with the last two competing tightly in best ensemble cast and actress for comedy series. Other multiple nominees among others are "Boston Legal", "Entourage", and "The Closer", all nabbing two nods each.
Apart from the aforementioned categories, the Guild also introduced for the first time the new SAG honors for film and television stunt ensembles. The former lines up titles like "300", "The Bourne Ultimatum", and "I Am Legend" while the latter includes those of "24", "Heroes", "Lost", "Rome", and "The Unit."
Partial list of the 14th annual SAG Awards nominees is listed below. For the complete one, look at the press release posted on official site for the Guild. Winners will be named during the award ceremony held on Sunday, January 27, 2008 at the Los Angeles Shrine Exposition Center.
Outstanding Performance by a Cast in a Motion Picture
- "3:10 to Yuma" (Lionsgate)
- "American Gangster" (Universal Pictures)
- "Hairspray" (New Line Cinema)
- "Into the Wild" (Paramount Vantage)
- "No Country for Old Men" (Miramax Films)
- George Clooney/ Michael Clayton - "Michael Clayton" (Warner Bros. Pictures)
- Daniel Day-Lewis/ Daniel Plainview - "There Will Be Blood" (Paramount Vantage)
- Ryan Gosling/ Lars Lindstrom - "Lars and the Real Girl" (Sidney Kimmel Entertainment)
- Emile Hirsch/ Christopher McCandless - "Into the Wild" (Paramount Vantage)
- Viggo Mortensen/ Nikolai - "Eastern Promises" (Focus Features)
- Cate Blanchett / Queen Elizabeth I - "Elizabeth: The Golden Age" (Universal Pictures)
- Julie Christie/ Fiona - "Away from Her" (Lionsgate)
- Marion Cotillard/ Edith Piaf - "La Vie En Rose" (Picturehouse)
- Angelina Jolie/ Mariane Pearl - "A Mighty Heart" (Paramount Vantage)
- Ellen Page/ Juno MacGuff - "Juno" (Fox Searchlight Pictures)
- "Boston Legal" (ABC)
- "The Closer" (TNT)
- "Grey's Anatomy" (ABC)
- "Mad Men" (AMC)
- "The Sopranos" (HBO)
- "30 Rock" (NBC)
- "Desperate Housewives" (ABC)
- "Entourage" (HBO)
- "The Office" (NBC)
- "Ugly Betty" (ABC)