The comedy movie was named the Worst Picture of 2011, while its lead actor grabbed both Worst Actor and Actress awards at the 32nd Annual Razzie Awards which was held on April Fool's Day.
Adam Sandler's comedy movie "Jack and Jill" swept every single category at the 32nd Annual Razzie Awards. Grabbing a record-breaking 10 awards, the film became the worst feature and performances of 2011. As the film was named the Worst Picture, Sandler himself was hailed with both Worst Actor and Worst Actress awards thanks to his cross-gender roles as the titular twins in the movie.
Oscar winner Al Pacino, who plays himself in the comedy film, was named the Worst Supporting Actor at the awards. The veteran actor was also mentioned in the Worst Screen Couple category along with co-star Katie Holmes. The Worst Supporting Actress, meanwhile, was given to David Spade for his role as Monica in the same movie.
This was the first time in the history of the Golden Raspberry Foundation that a film swept all the 10 dishonorable awards. Commenting on Sandler's "big win", Razzies founder John Wilson said, "He didn't play triplets, but he couldn't have won more awards if he had."
"Adam Sandler has a pretty much basic attitude of, 'No matter how dumb I make it, my fans are going to pay to see it'," Wilson added. "I guess it's more about the complete lack of any genuine effort or concern or pride. An attitude of this is good enough, but when you consider what they're charging for movie tickets today, it wasn't good enough."
"It was good enough to get our attention. If you work with the attitude that you're just going to be good enough, then you're probably good enough for the Razzies," he said. "I think our members prefer the faux glamor of having it be Oscar eve."
The 2012 Razzie Awards was held at a magic shop in Santa Monica on Sunday night, April 1. Razzies usually took place the night before the prestigious Academy Awards, but this year it decided to hold the show on April Fool's Day.
- Worst Picture: "Jack and Jill"
- Worst Actor: Adam Sander - "Jack and Jill" and "Just Go with It"
- Worst Actress: Adam Sandler - as Jill in "Jack and Jill"
- Worst Supporting Actor: Al Pacino - "Jack and Jill"
- Worst Supporting Actress: David Spade - as Monica in "Jack and Jill"
- Worst Screen Ensemble: The entire cast of "Jack and Jill"
- Worst Director: Dennis Dugan - "Jack and Jill" and "Just Go with It"
- Worst Remake, Rip-Off or Sequel: "Jack and Jill"
- Worst Screen Couple: Adam Sandler and either Katie Holmes, Al Pacino or Adam Sandler - "Jack and Jill"
- Worst Screenplay: "Jack and Jill" - Steve Koren