March 01, 2012 08:37:23 GMT
The actor playing Deadpool in 2009's 'X-Men Origins: Wolverine' says that the upcoming anti-superhero film is still in the works and will likely be an R-rated standalone movie.
Though it has been long gestated, "Deadpool" movie is apparently still in the works. Lead actor Ryan Reynolds has recently shared a few updates on the anti-superhero movie projects, explaining that the plot is no longer connected to "X-Men Origins: Wolverine".
Reynolds, who played Deadpool a.k.a Wade Wilson in the 2009 "X-Men" movie, claimed that the spin-off film will not be related to the origin of Wolverine. He told IGN, "[Deadpool] will actually have no connection to the one that was in 'Wolverine'."
Sharing an update on the pre-production process of the film, Reynolds said, "The script is, I think, fantastic. It's been developed even further in the last three months or so." Furthermore, the 35-year-old actor went on revealing that the upcoming movie could end up being rated R.
"The film has to be rated R, and it has to be done a certain way, it has to do all these things that I am sure can worrisome for the guy cutting the checks for it," he said before adding, "so if it's going to be done, it needs to be done right."
Commenting on the budgetary issue that has been faced by the project, Reynold stated, "Having the opportunity to do it rated R would mean the budget would have to be down enough that you're given the opportunity to take big risks and do things that most superhero movies haven't been able to do yet."
As mentioned previously, Reynolds first appeared as Deadpool in "X-Men Origins: Wolverine". His character was described as a wisecracking mercenary with lethal swordsmanship skill and athleticism. As for the "Deadpool" movie, which is given a tentative 2014 release date, Tim Miller has been tapped to serve as the director.