Zoe Saldana Claims J.J. Abrams Is 'Very Upset' Over 'Star Trek 2' Leaked Photos


Zoe Saldana Claims J.J. Abrams Is 'Very Upset' Over 'Star Trek 2' Leaked Photos
The actress playing Nyota Uhura in the much awaited sequel reveals that director Abrams thinks the leak is like 'a bummer' because it only hurts the fans by 'stealing away the surprise.'


J.J. Abrams was reportedly not happy with the alleged "Star Trek 2" on-set photos that have been leaked onto the internet recently. According to the film's actress, Zoe Saldana, the director "was very upset" over the leaked pictures, one of which gives a potential first look at Benedict Cumberbatch's major villain character.

Speaking to MTV News, the actress who will return as Nyota Uhura in the anticipated sequel, revealed that the mood on the set was a bit bitter right after those images were unleashed widely to the web. "J.J. was very upset," she claimed. "I have to say that."

Zaldana explained that Abrams thought the spoilerish incident was a "bummer" since it ruined the movie's surprise. She went on saying, "It's not going to stop people from intruding, but they are, and it's such a bummer because it only hurts them by stealing away the surprise."

Previously, there were two leaked pictures which were allegedly taken from the set of the "Star Trek" sequel. One of them features Cumberbatch's character seemingly having a fight with Zachary Quinto's Spock, while the other one shows Zaldana's Uhura pointing a phaser.

Regarding the issue, Quinto insisted that those images were not captured during the filming of the space war film. The 34-year-old actor added that the fight shown in the photo "was not an actual scene" that will be featured in the sequel. "The cameras weren't even rolling so...imagine what it'll look like when we're actually doing it," he stated.

Quinto went on explaining that he and Cumberbatch were on a small part of the set when someone took the picture. He said, "That happens, I guess. We're on incredibly big set pieces in the middle of somewhere and people sort of got wind of it."

Directed by J.J. Abrams, the untitled Star Trek sequel is slated for a May 17, 2013 release in the U.S. Quinto, Saldana, Chris Pine, Simon Pegg, Anton Yelchin, Karl Urban and John Cho are all set to return as Spock, Uhura, James T. Kirk, Scotty, Pavel, Bones and Hikaru Sulu respectively.

© AceShowbiz.com


MORE FROM NEWS
Leave a Comment

Required fields are marked with *

  random image 
TODAY'S HEADLINES
  1. 'America's Got Talent' Live Results 1: Meet the First 7 Semifinalists!
  2. Is She Pregnant? Gwen Stefani Sports Suspicious Bump During Outing With Son
  3. Paula Patton Spotted With 'New Man' in L.A. Almost Three Years After Robin Thicke Divorce
  4. Kim Kardashian to Co-Host 'Live' With Ryan Seacrest
  5. This Is How Olivia Munn Feels About Aaron Rodgers Allegedly Dating Marie Margolius
  6. Fergie Goes Topless to Promote New Album 'Double Dutchess'
  7. Bella Thorne Suffers Insane Nip Slip in a Plunging Bodysuit at L.A. After Party
  8. George Clooney's Wife Amal Looks Skeletal Just Weeks After Welcoming Twins
  9. Porn Site Offers to Produce 'Sense8' Season 3
  10. Leah Remini Slams 'Diabolical' Tom Cruise, Says He's Not a Good Person