'The Fame Monster' sits atop the best-selling albums list, followed by 'Recovery' and 'My Worlds' CD collections respectively.
Lady GaGa has sold albums more than any other artists this year. A German website Media Traffic put her November 2009 effort "The Fame Monster" on top of their list that tallies worldwide album sales collected from a variety of international sources.
The extended play of her debut album "The Fame", "Monster" pulled in 5.8 million copies around the globe over the course of this year. "THE FAME MONSTER was named the best-selling album of 2010! I'm so excited for the future, believe + work hard, you will achieve your dreams," she shared her joy on Twitter.
The huge selling number of "The Fame Monster" contributes to placing GaGa among Forbes' 2010 top-earning celebrities. The avid supporter of Gay and Lesbian community is ranked at No. 14 with a total of $62 million in the list led by media mogul Oprah Winfrey.
Back at the United World Albums chart, following close behind GaGa at the second place on the list is Eminem as his rap effort "Recovery" sold around 5.7 million copies. Next, there is Justin Bieber who rakes in 5.6 million copies with his "My World" collections.
Lady Antebellum sit at No. 4 with their "Need You Now" sold 3.6 million. Chart rivals Taylor Swift and Susan Boyle secure the fifth and sixth spots respectively. The country music album "Speak Now" sold an estimated 3.5 million, while the holiday set "The Gift" pulled in around 3.0 million.
- "The Fame Monster" - Lady GaGa (5.8 million)
- "Recovery" - Eminem (5.7 million)
- "My Worlds" ("My World" + "My World 2.0") - Justin Bieber (5.6 million)
- "Need You Now" - Lady Antebellum (3.6 million)
- "Speak Now" - Taylor Swift (3.5 million)
- "The Gift" - Susan Boyle (3.0 million)
- "The E.N.D." - Black Eyed Peas (3.0 million)
- "Crazy Love" - Michael Buble (3.0 million)
- "Soldier of Love" - Sade (2.3 million)
- "The Element of Freedom" - Alicia Keys (2.3 million)