The awards were handed out in front of an audience of over five hundred attendees representing the entertainment industry and Latino community.
Sunday, August 15 saw one the biggest celebrations for Latinos in the entertainment world. Trophies from the 25th Annual Imagen Awards were handed out at Beverly Hilton Hotel's International Ballroom to those familiar faces on feature films and television.
In the television world, "Ugly Betty" star America Ferrera snapped the Best Actress title from Sofia Vergara of "Modern Family" and Selena Gomez of "Wizards of Waverly Place" among others. Meanwhile, the Best Actor category went to Danny Pino whose show "Cold Case" was named Best TV Series on top of "One Hot Summer", "Lost" and "Grey's Anatomy".
In supporting categories, Kevin Alejandro of "Southland" won the actor prize while Maria Canals-Barrera who plays Gomez's mother on "Wizards" pocketed the actress prize. Other winners announced at the ceremony are MTV's "Quiero Mi Boda", HBO's "Which Way Home" and Disney Channel's "Handy Manny".
Imagen Awards was created in 1985 to honor positive portrayals of Latinos and Latino culture in entertainment by Helen Hernandez and Norman Lear.
- Best Primetime Television Program or Movie-of-the-Week: "Cold Case"
- Best Actor/Television: Danny Pino, "Cold Case"
- Best Actress/Television: America Ferrera, "Ugly Betty"
- Best Supporting Actor/Television: Kevin Alejandro, "Southland"
- Best Supporting Actress/Television: Maria Canals-Barrera, "Wizards of Waverly Place The Movie"
- Best Children's Programming: "Handy Manny"
- Best Documentary/Television: "Which Way Home"
- Best National Informational Program: "CNN Presents: Latino in America"
- Best Local Informational Program: "Vista L.A."
- Best On-Air Advertising: "Hispanic Heritage Month - Tito Puente"
- Best Variety or Reality Show: "Quiero Mi Boda"