AMC has responded to the statement allegedly made by "Mad Men" creator Matthew Weiner who shocked fans by saying the show will end after six seasons. The cable said that there is no intention yet to end the Emmy-winning series but they would trust Weiner in his vision.
"No one wants to see Don Draper wearing a leisure suit," a spokeswoman for AMC said on Monday, April 19. "We trust Matthew's vision and that he knows where to take the show. But with that said, M*A*S*H figured how to stretch the Korean War for more than a decade, so stay tuned! "
Weiner said at the National Association of Broadcasters convention last week that the show will end in 2012 because he could not see it beyond sixth season. The show is now in its fourth season which is still under production and will premiere in July.