In her first televised interview since the fraud trial which involved her two former assistants, Lawson says, 'Actually since then I've eaten a lot of chocolate.'
Nigella Lawson has spoken out for the first time since the end of a fraud trial which involved her two former assistants in late 2013. Stopping by "Good Morning America" on Thursday, January 2, the celebrity chef talked about the trial which also disclosed her personal life during the process.
"I have to be honest, to have not only your private life but distortions of your private life put on display is mortifying. But there are people going through an awful lot worse and to dwell on any of it would be self-pity and I don't like to do that," she said.
When asked about her feeling when she was at witness stand, Lawson explained, "I can't really remember exactly because you're so focused on answering the questions to the best of your ability that actually you don't really have an enormous awareness of yourself. Maybe that's a good thing. My only desire really was to protect my children as much as possible which I wasn't alas I couldn't always do."
The mother of two then added that she sought comfort in chocolate. "Actually since then I've eaten a lot of chocolate, had a very good Christmas and am into the New Year," she confessed.
Lawson's two former assistants Elisabetta and Francesca Grillo were acquitted of fraud on December 20. The two sisters were accused of using the credit cards of Lawson's ex-husband Charles Saatchi for their personal use. They, however, insisted that the celebrity chef allowed them to use the cards in exchange for their silence concerning her drug use.