WHAT'S HOT?

Cory Monteith Injected Heroin and Downed Champagne Before He Died

October 03, 2013 01:12:05 GMT

'Drug paraphernalia, including a spoon with drug residue and a used hypodermic needle, along with two empty champagne bottles and glasses' were found near the late 'Glee' actor's lifeless body.


Cory Monteith
See larger image
Photo credit: Apega/WENN

Cory Monteith's overdose was detailed in a new report released by the British Columbia coroner's office on Wednesday, October 2. After confirming in an initial report that "a mixed drug toxicity, involving heroin and alcohol" had killed the "Glee" star, the coroner's office now sheds some light on what happened on the night before the actor died.

It's unveiled that the late star used heroin and drank glasses of champagne on the ill-fated night in his Vancouver Fairmont Pacific Rim hotel room. "Investigators at the scene found drug paraphernalia, including a spoon with drug residue and a used hypodermic needle, along with two empty champagne bottles and glasses," the report revealed.

The actor died with an alcohol level of 0.13 percent and a "moderate" level of intoxication. Morphine, codeine and "6-monoacetylmorphine," a metabolite of heroin, were found in his blood system as well. It was also said that 2:16 A.M. on July 13 marked the last time he was seen alive when the hotel's camera captured him returning to his room alone.

It's furthermore suggested that Monteith's effort to stay away from drugs but then starting using again, after abstinence for a period of time, may have contributed to his death. The fact that the "Monte Carlo" star went to rehab and stopped using for a period of time had lessened tolerance to the toxicity of the drug.

"It was also confirmed that he had a history of illicit drug use with intermittent periods of rehabilitation and of abstinence from drugs," it was noted in the newly-released report. "It is noted that if someone has abstained from using opioids (which include heroin) for a period of time, tolerance may be lessened."

Canadian-born Monteith was found dead by hotel staff after he missed out his checkout time during a visit to his home country. He just left rehab earlier to seek help for his addiction before his passing. He was 31. He was remembered in a touching tribute by co-star Jane Lynch at the recent Primetime Emmy Awards.

His friends and colleagues on the FOX musical series will pay homage in a tribute episode slated to air on October 10. His last movies, dramedy "All the Wrong Reasons" and crime drama "McCanick", have been screened at the Toronto International Film Festival this year. The former won the Grolsch Film Works Discovery Award.

© AceShowbiz.com




Post Your Comments


Screen Name
Please Enter   
Comment
 
 
RSS
FB
Twitter