The country music album 'Bullets in the Gun' arrives with only 71,000 copies, but it's enough to block the other new entries from taking the first slot.
Despite the fact that his new album "Bullets in the Gun" sells only 71,000 copies in its opening week, Toby Keith manages to debut at No. 1 on Billboard Hot 200. It becomes his 11th Top-10 album and 4th chart topper, but marks the smallest debut at the top spot since SoundScan began powering the U.S. albums chart in May of 1991.
The chart actually has had its some previous champions scanning less copies than "Bullets in the Gun" 's selling number, only it's not in their first week. For example, earlier this year "Glee: the Music, Volume 3: Showstoppers" soundtrack moved 63,000 in its second week at the top, while Justin Bieber's "My World 2.0" added a little over 60,000 in its fourth frame-in at the hot spot.
With Keith securing the first place, last week's champion Kenny Chesney is forced to settle at the runner-up position as his "Hemingway's Whiskey" adds another 65,000. At the next spot, there is Bruno Mars' "Doo - Wops & Hooligans" which arrives with 55,000.
Eminem's "Recovery" climbs up to No. 4, Zac Brown Band's "You Get What You Give" falls to No. 5, Waka Flocka Flame's "Flockaveli" lands at the sixth. Linkin Park's "A Thousand Suns" rises to No. 7, Katy Perry's "Teenage Dream" is back on the Top 10 at No. 8, Trey Songz's "Passion, Pain & Pleasure" drops to No. 9 and Selena Gomez's A Year Without Rain" remains at No. 10.
Outside the Top 10, David Archuleta can only debut at No. 13. The latest studio installment of the "American Idol" runner-up, "The Other Side of Down", opens with 24,000 copies.
Top 10 of Billboard Hot 200:
- "Bullets in the Gun" - Toby Keith (71,000)
- "Hemingway's Whiskey" - Kenny Chesney (65,000)
- "Doo - Wops & Hooligans" - Bruno Mars (55,000)
- "Recovery" - Eminem (52,000)
- "You Get What You Give" - Zac Brown Band (43,000)
- "Flockaveli" - Waka Flocka Flame (37,000)
- "A Thousand Suns" - Linkin Park (37,000)
- "Teenage Dream" - Katy Perry (32,000)
- "Passion, Pain & Pleasure" - Trey Songz (32,000)
- "A Year Without Rain" - Selena Gomez and The Scene (27,000)