'The Love Guru' has become the biggest loser in 2008 as it wins the most kudos at the 29th annual Razzie Awards, while 'The Hottie and the Nottie' grabs two.
Golden Raspberry Award Foundation has announced the "winners" of their 29th Annual Razzie Awards on Saturday February 21, and "The Love Guru" came out in front of the pack, nabbing the most kudos on the night. Nominated for five categories, the Marco Schnabel-directed film landed three titles, including Worst Picture.
For the Worst Picture throphy, "Guru" won over "Disaster Movie", "Meet the Spartans", "The Happening", "The Hottie and the Nottie" and "In the Name of the King: A Dungeon Siege Tale". Aside from that award, the comedy movie also grabbed Worst Actor for its leading star Mike Myers and Worst Screenplay for both Myers and Graham Gordy.
Another multiple awards-recipient on the event was "The Hottie and the Nottie". The romantic comedy has been given two Worst titles, Worst Actress and Worst Screen Couple. Both of the awards were earned by its leading actress Paris Hilton, but for the screen couple category, she was joined by Christine Lakin or Joel David Moore.
The "winners" of the Razzies were determined by mailing ballots to 657 voters living in the United States and 19 foreign countries. The winners of the Worst titles were announced a day before the gala ceremony of the 81st annual Academy Awards, which will be held at the Kodak Theatre in Hollywood, California on Sunday, February 22.
Complete Winners List of the 29th Annual Razzie Awards:
- Worst Picture: "The Love Guru"
- Worst Actor: Mike Myers, "The Love Guru"
- Worst Actress: Paris Hilton, "The Hottie and the Nottie"
- Worst Supporting Actor: Pierce Brosnan, "Mamma Mia!"
- Worst Supporting Actress: Paris Hilton, "Repo: The Genetic Opera"
- Worst Screen Couple: Paris Hilton and either Christine Lakin or Joel David Moore, "The Hottie and the Nottie"
- Worst Prequel, Remake, Rip-Off or Sequel: "Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull"
- Worst Director: Uwe Boll, "Tunnel Rats", In The Name of The King: A Dungeon Siege Tale" and "Postal"
- Worst Screenplay: "The Love Guru" - Written by Mike Myers and Graham
- Gordy Worst Career Achievement (Special Category!): Uwe Boll (Germany's Answer to Ed Wood)