Rihanna came out the ultimate winner by bringing home the most prestigious category of MTV Video Music Awards, 'Video of the Year'.
The inarguably biggest category at MTV Video Music Awards has been announced. 'Video of the Year' was given to Rihanna's 'Umbrella' feat. Jay-Z.
With the winning, Rihanna has pocketed two statuettes through 'Umbrella'. Earlier that evening, she gained 'Monster Single of the Year'.
More video awards were given out with Ken Mowe winning 'Best Editing' through Gnarls Barkley's 'Smiley Faces'. 'Best Director' was handed to Samuel Bayer for his work in Justin Timberlake's 'What Goes Around...Comes Around', while 'Best Choreography' was awarded to Marty Kudelka in Timberlake's 'My Love'.
Closing out the show is the big winner Timberlake who went up the stage with the event's maestro Timbaland and frequent collaborator Nelly Furtado.
Full winners of 2007 MTV Video Music Awards:
- Video of the Year: Rihanna, 'Umbrella,' featuring Jay-Z
- Male Artist of the Year: Justin Timberlake
- Female Artist of the Year: Fergie aka Stacy Ferguson
- Best Group: Fall Out Boy
- Best New Artist: Gym Class Heroes
- Monster Single of the Year: Rihanna, 'Umbrella'
- Most Earthshattering Collaboration: Beyonce Knowles feat. Shakira, 'Beautiful Liar'
- Quadruple Threat of the Year: Justin Timberlake
- Best Editing: Ken Mowe for Gnarls Barkley's 'Smiley Faces'
- Best Director: Samuel Bayer for Justin Timberlake's 'What Goes Around ... Comes Around'
- Best Choreography: Marty Kudelka for Justin Timberlake's 'My Love'