Hugh Grant Trivia
- Home > Celebrity
> Hugh Grant
> Hugh Grant Trivia
- Famous as : Actor
- Birth Name : Hugh John Mungo Grant
- Birth Date : September 09, 1960
- Birth Place : London, England, U.K
- Spouse : -
- Claim to Fame : As Charles in "Four Weddings and a Funeral" (1994)
- Along with his girlfriend Jemima Khan filed a libel suit against British newspaper Daily Mail over its article titled "I never knew he was such a good actor," which he claims is "false and defamatory" which was published June 3, 2006.
- He alongside actors Daniel Craig and Robbie Coltrane auctioned off their kisses at Great British Movie Event on June 17, 2008 and managed to raise $38,000 for The National Film and Television School in London.
- Ranked 43rd on Empire magazine's list of 100 Sexiest Stars in Film History in 1995.
- Was often taken to the ENT Clinic in London because he used to drink bleach and stuff rolls of apple peel up his nose during his childhood.
- Pleaded not guilty over claims he attacked a photographer with a tub of baked beans and kicked out at him (June 2007).
- Is one of the godfathers of Elizabeth Hurley's son, Damian Hurley.
- Is of Scottish ancestry and a distant cousin of Thomas Sangster.
- Became one of the first 100 to be bestowed an honor of his name being set into the pavement at London's Avenue of the Stars in Convent Garden by 2005.
- Was considered for the role of Gilderoy Lockhart in "Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets" (2002).
- Was the 4th Greatest British Film Actors based on the Orange 2001 film survey.
- Was given the nickname of Whippy by James Caan during the filming of "Mickey Blue Eyes" (1999) because the older actor considered him to worry about everything like "the little whippet dogs that get nervous."
- Appeared in the 1996 paperback "Mug Shots" which put the picture of many other celebrities who had been arrested for one reason or another.
- Chose not to undergo a nude scene in "Four Weddings and a Funeral" (1994) after being asked by a make up artist if he wanted definition painted on his body.
- Is an avid golfer and has been spotted taking part in pro-am tournaments.
- Once performed with the Nottingham Playhouse before his acting career took off.
- Refused the offer from Courtauld Institute to do post graduate studies in Art History.
- Was born on the same date and month as Adam Sandler was.
- His production company's name, Simian Films, was invented by Elizabeth Hurley as she thought that he resembled an ape or a monkey.
- Used to play cricket in his younger years.
- Is usually dubbed by Vincent Cassel in French versions of his films.
- Was often credited as Hughie Grant in his early career.
- Both of his parents had military backgrounds.
- Is a big supporter of Fulham Football Club.
- His most favorite artist is Patrick Rondat.