Arctic Monkeys Trivia
- Home > Celebrity
> Arctic Monkeys
> Arctic Monkeys Trivia
- Awarded a Guinness World Record for the Fastest Selling UK Debut Album with "Whatever People Say I Am, That's What I Am Not" selling 363,735 copies in its first week and 113,000 on its first day (Sept 2006).
- Their album 'Whatever People Say I Am, That's What I'm Not' was the second Fastest Selling for a Debut Indie Album in US in 2006.
- Joked during a boring interview that the band was named after Helders' uncle's band but admitted that it wasn't true to Bolton Evening News.
- Set a UK record by selling album 'Whatever People Say I Am, That's What I'm Not' 118,501 copies, a number bigger than the all the Top 20 albums combined.
- Their April 2006 UK Tour were sold out within an hour for all 12 shows.
- Didn't attend the 2006 Brit Awards and asked Keith Murray, the frontman of We Are Scientists to accept their winning for British Breakthrough Artist.
- Repeatedly rejected offers to perform on the BBC's chart show, "Top of the Pops", and ITV's "CD: UK" in 2005.
- Was the first band in history to win ShockWaves NME Award for both category Best New Band and Best British Band at the same night in 2006.
- Is musically influenced by The Jam, The Clash and The Smiths.