'Fantastic Four' Reboot Director Denies Wanting Miles Teller as Mr. Fantastic

August 03, 2013 04:19:11 GMT

Josh Trank debunks the rumor on Twitter, writing, 'The casting rumor floating around today isn't true.... the end.'


'Fantastic Four' Reboot Director Denies Wanting Miles Teller as Mr. Fantastic
See larger image

Earlier this day, Jeff Sneider of The Wrap caused internet frenzy as he said that Miles Teller was "in contention to play Mr. Fantastic in 20th Century Fox's reboot of 'Fantastic Four'." The leading man in Sundance hit "The Spectacular Now" is also said to have met director Josh Trank in person to discuss the possibility.

However, not long after the report surfaced online, Trank dismissed it. He took to Twitter to clarify the rumor, writing, "The casting rumor floating around today isn't true.... the end." That means, the man who served behind the lens for the 2012 sci-fi pic "Chronicle" has not found any cast members for his latest directing gig, which is set to open in March 2015.

Previously, Michael B. Jordan was reportedly approached to reteam with his "Chronicle" director by taking on the role of Human Torch. Allison Williams who starred on HBO's "Girls" was also named frontrunner to play Sue Storm, the invisible woman. However, none of these reports are confirmed by Trank.

Scribes Seth Grahame-Smith and Jeremy Slater reportedly are still working on the script. Serving as producers for the 20th Century Fox project are Matthew Vaughn, Kerry Foster and Akiva Goldsman.

© AceShowbiz.com




Post Your Comments


Screen Name
Please Enter   
Comment
 
 
 
RSS
FB
Twitter