Selena Gomez won two, Justin Bieber won one and loads of slime while Taylor Swift was personally honored by the First Lady.
Selena Gomez had the day of her life by winning two trophies at Nickelodeon's 25th Annual Kids' Choice Awards on Saturday, March 31. She won both Favorite TV Actress for "Wizards of Waverly Place" and Favorite Female Singer in addition to witnessing her boyfriend Justin Bieber getting slimed.
"After no longer doing my show, knowing you guys still watch it means so much," Gomez said about her show which ended in January this year. Meanwhile, Bieber who did not walk the orange carpet with Gomez, took the stage to receive the Favorite Male Singer trophy from Will Smith. The host then had a surprise announcement that Bieber was also voted by fans as the celebrity they most wanted to see get slimed. Since it was the last blime to be given out, the pouring goo was in extreme volume that Smith was also drenched in it and the First Lady Michelle Obama got a splatter on her face.
Obama was at the event held the Galen Center in Los Angeles to hand Big Help award to country singer Taylor Swift. "I'm so honored. I have always wanted to meet you; this is amazing. I am so honored to be receiving this award from the first lady of the United States. I am freaking out. I'm really proud of all of you guys. I see you helping each other out. I think it's important you know you are making a difference in this world," Swift said.
"Twilight" stars were also triumphant with Kristen Stewart winning Favorite Movie Actress and Taylor Lautner going home with Favorite Buttkicker. "This is, like, the coolest award show ever," Stewart said when receiving her trophy. Lautner was also a victim of the slime but it was Halle Berry who got the honorary pour first during the event.
Although he received the Razzie award earlier this year for his double roles in "Jack and Jill", Adam Sandler proved that he was a favorite among kids. As many as 220 million votes were counted in this year. Among them were for Favorite Female Singer Katy Perry who also performed during the event with "Part of Me". One Direction was the other performer, singing their newest hit "What Makes You Beautiful".
- Favorite TV Show: "Victorious"
- Favorite Reality Show: "Wipeout"
- Favorite TV Actor: Jake Short - "A.N.T. Farm"
- Favorite TV Actress: Selena Gomez - "Wizards of Waverly Place"
- Funniest TV Sidekick: Jennette McCurdy - "iCarly"
- Favorite Cartoon: "SpongeBob SquarePants"
- Favorite Male Athlete: Tim Tebow
- Favorite Female Athlete: Danica Patrick
- Favorite Movie: "Alvin and the Chipmunks: Chip-Wrecked"
- Favorite Movie Actor: Adam Sandler - "Jack and Jill"
- Favorite Movie Actress: Kristen Stewart - "The Twilight Saga's Breaking Dawn Part I"
- Favorite Animated Movie: "Puss in Boots"
- Favorite Voice From an Animated Movie: Katy Perry - "The Smurfs"
- Favorite Music Group: Big Time Rush
- Favorite Male Singer: Justin Bieber
- Favorite Female Singer: Selena Gomez
- Favorite Song: "Party Rock Anthem" by LMFAO
- Favorite Book: "Diary of a Wimpy Kid" series
- Favorite Video Game: "Just Dance 3"
- Favorite Buttkicker: Taylor Lautner