April 07, 2011 01:24:47 GMT
An NBC insider says there are still no discussions about ending the show after the sixth season despite Baldwin's statement.
The end of "30 Rock" is perhaps not as close as Alec Baldwin says. Contrary to his claim that the show will be off the air after the sixth season, an NBC insider says, "We have had no conversations about '30 Rock' ending next season."
"I will tell you one thing. And that is our show next year is our last year of the show," Baldwin previously told New York Magazine's Vulture." He added to provide the reasons, "Our contracts are expired [in 2012], and Tina [Fey] is gonna have a big career directing films and writing. She's going to be the next Elaine May. She'll be great."
Neither NBC nor Fey, who stars on and created "30 Rock", has released a statement regarding this report.
This is not the first time Baldwin makes a headline with his comment about his career. Back in 2010, he told CNN he was going to leave the show once his contract ends in 2012, but his rep later brushed off the story, saying the actor has no such plans.