Kanye blocks Nicki from the penthouse of Billboard Hot 200, but the female rapper is grateful with her debut at No. 2 since she breaks record.
Kanye West makes a triumphant entry at No. 1 on Billboard Hot 200 this week, giving him his fourth straight chart topper. The rapper secures the first place on the U.S. albums chart with his latest album "My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy" which opens with 496,000 copies.
His heavy competitor Nicki Minaj is forced to settle at the runner position. Her debut album "Pink Friday" sells around 375,000 units in its first week of release, making her the first femcee in more than a decade to pull that kind of impressive number since 1998 "The Miseducation of Lauryn Hill" (423,000).
"I'm just so grateful and kind of still in shock. These numbers haven't been put up since 1998," she gushed to MTV. "It just makes me feel proud of my team, proud of my fans, everyone who has had something to do with my dreams. Finally, we are seeing this dream come to fruition. It feels incredible."
The other new entries are Justin Bieber's "My Worlds Acoustic" which arrives at No. 7, My Chemical Romance's "Danger Days: The True Lives of the Fabulous Killjoys" which lands at No. 8, and Ne-Yo's "Libra" which follows the rock record at No. 9.
The rest belong to Susan Boyle's "The Gift" at No. 3, Taylor Swift's "Speak Now" at No. 4, Jackie Evancho's "O Holy Night" at No. 5, and Rihanna's "Loud" at No. 6. Rounding up the Top 10 is the latest Christmas compilation set from "Glee" cast.
- "My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy" - Kanye West (496,000)
- "Pink Friday" - Nicki Minaj (375,000)
- "The Gift" - Susan Boyle (263,000)
- "Speak Now" - Taylor Swift (241,000)
- "O Holy Night" - Jackie Evancho (142,000)
- "Loud" - Rihanna (141,000)
- "My Worlds Acoustic" - Justin Bieber (115,000)
- "Danger Days: The True Lives of the Fabulous Killjoys" - My Chemical Romance (112,000)
- "Libra" - Ne-Yo (112,000)
- "Glee: The music, The Christmas Album" - various artists (108,000)