Two songs included in the track list, 'Queens of Noise' and 'Dead End Justice', are joint tracks by the film stars, Stewart and Dakota Fanning.
The track list to soundtrack from biopic "The Runaways" has been revealed and lead actresses Kristen Stewart and Dakota Fanning apparently will show their singing skills for this movie. They team up for two songs titled "Queens of Noise" and "Dead End Justice". Fanning, moreover, performs solo singles, "California Paradise" as well as "Cherry Bomb" which has been featured in the teaser trailer for the film.
Meanwhile, three tracks from the original band The Runaways called "Hollywood", "You Drive Me Wild" and "I Wanna Be Where the Boys Are (Live)" are included among the score. Some other singles which are among the track list include Sex Pistols' "Pretty Vacant" and David Bowie's "Rebel Rebel". The soundtrack can be pre-ordered in Amazon while the album will be available in stores on March 23.
Based on the 1970s all-girl rock band of the same name, "The Runaways" will cover the formation of the musical group through to Cherie Currie's departure at the peak of their success. It is also said to highlight the relationship between The Runaways' lead vocalist/keyboardist Cherie and guitarist/vocalist Joan Jett.
Kristen Stewart and Dakota Fanning take the lead roles of Joan and Cherie respectively. This biopic also has Scout Taylor-Compton starring as Lita Ford, Stella Maeve as Sandy West and Alia Shawkat as fictional character Robin. The film will arrive in limited U.S. theaters on March 19.
"The Runaways" soundtrack tracklisting:
- "Roxy Roller" by Nick Gilder
- "The Wild One" by Suzi Quatro
- "It's a Man's Man's Man's World" by MC5
- "Rebel Rebel" by David Bowie
- "Cherry Bomb" by Dakota Fanning
- "Hollywood" by The Runaways
- "California Paradise" by Dakota Fanning
- "You Drive Me Wild" by The Runaways
- "Queens of Noise" by Dakota Fanning and Kristen Stewart
- "Dead End Justice" by Kristen Stewart and Dakota Fanning
- "I Wanna Be Your Dog" by The Stooges
- "I Wanna Be Where the Boys Are (Live)" by The Runaways
- "Pretty Vacant" by Sex Pistols
- "Don't Abuse Me" by Joan Jett