Norah Jones Trivia
- Home > Celebrity
> Norah Jones
> Norah Jones Trivia
- Famous as : Singer
- Birth Name : Geetali Norah Jones Shankar
- Birth Date : March 30, 1979
- Birth Place : New York City, New York, USA
- Spouse : -
- Claim to Fame : Album "Come Away With Me" (2002)
- Included in People magazine's annual "100 Most Beautiful People" list in May 2008.
- Became the first artist to sweep the 'Big Four', the four most prestigious honors at Grammy Awards, since Christopher Cross did in 1981 when she scored the attainment in 2003.
- Made a guest performance in Marian McPartland's Piano Jazz on NPR on January 19, 2003.
- Her hit single "Don't Know Why" has been covered by Pat Metheny also by Japanese singers Aya Matsuura and Ken Hirai.
- Contributed her voice in Mike Patton's album "Peeping Tom" and Amos Lee's self-titled record.
- Was among the music artists taking part on tribute album "Remembering Patsy Cline", singing "Why Can't He Be You."
- Appeared in an episode of "Sesame Street" introducing the letter "Y" by changing her "Don't Know Why" lyrics to "Don't know why Y didn't come."
- Sang the cover versions of both Roxy Music's "More Than This" and Nick Drake's "Day Is Done" in Charlie Hunter's album "Songs from the Analog Playground."
- Was featured in Outkast's album "Speakerboxxx/The Love Below."
- Worked as a lounge singer before being signed as a recording artist at Blue Note Records.
- Attended the same high school as Erykah Badu and Roy Hargrove did.
- Carried out her first gig on her 16th birthday, singing Billie Holiday's "I'll Be Seeing You" at a Dallas coffeehouse.
- Is also a member of country band The Little Willies who released debut album in March 2006.