- Home > Celebrity
> Ne-Yo Trivia
- Famous as : R&B singer
- Birth Name : Shaffer Chimere Smith
- Birth Date : October 18, 1982
- Birth Place : Camden, Arkansas, USA
- Spouse : -
- Claim to Fame : Single "So Sick" (2006)
- Was one of the celebrities invited to Beyonce Knowles' 25th birthday party held on August 31, 2006.
- Was one of his high school singing group's members along with Corey Clark, the disqualified finalist of the second season of "American Idol."
- His moniker originally was invented by his friend who compared him to Neo, the main character in Matrix Trilogy movie, stating that he could "see" music just like Neo could see the Matrix.
- His song, "So Sick", tells about one's feeling of being tired to hear love songs playing on radio since they remind him of the bad relationships and breakups he has had before.
- Appeared on both CBS' popular shows, "The Late Show with David Letterman" and "The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson", by the same month that was February 2006.
- Was featured in Remy Ma's song of "Feels So Good."
- Single "So Sick" once became the number one song on AOL's Top 40 Songs list and its Top 40 Radio plus on Yahoo! Radio with almost 200,000 streams.
- The remix version of "So Sick" contained an interpolation of Michael Jackson's "Human Nature" while also featured two verses by LL Cool J.
- "So Sick" had an answer song with the same title sung by Lil' Vick which reponds to the original version from the girl's side.
- The music video of "So Sick" was the number one song on BET's "106 & Park" while also was included in MTV's "Big 10" rotation.
- Admits that Prince, Marvin Gaye, The Rat Pack, and Stevie Wonder are his favorite artists.
- Owns a production company named Compound Entertainment.
- Has written song lyrics for Jamie Foxx, Rihanna, Mary J. Blige, Ruben Studdard, LL Cool J, and Tyrese Gibson among others.