Musiq Soulchild Trivia
- Home > Celebrity
> Musiq Soulchild
> Musiq Soulchild Trivia
- Famous as : Neo-soul and R&B singer
- Birth Name : Talib Johnson
- Birth Date : September 16, 1977
- Birth Place : Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, US
- Spouse : -
- Claim to Fame : Album "Aijuswanaseing" (2000)
- His single "B.U.D.D.Y" has 8 different versions.
- His album "Luvanmusiq" is pronounced as Love and Music while "Aijuswanaseing" is pronounced as I Just Want to Sing.
- Dropped the moniker "Soulchild" in 2001 because he felt not soulful enough at that time and brought it back in 2007 because "Musiq" only is bad for the market.
- His music has been used in the ads of McDonalds, Nike, Coca Cola, Levis and The Gap.
- Opened Alicia Key's concerts in 2002.
- Contributed the soundtrack to Tyler Perry's movie, "Daddy's Little Girls".
- Was a guest voice on Lloyd Banks's "Rotten Apple", Talib Kweli's "Eardrum", Black Ice's "The Death of Willie Lynch".
- Paid tribute to soul group Earth Wind and Fire.
- His track "halfcrazy" from album "Juslisen" was one of MTV2's most played music videos in 2002.
- Was inspired by his deaf best friend Chris Patton in titling "Juslisen" (2002).
- Is known for his ignorance towards spelling, punctuation, and capitalization in his works' titles.