- Home > Celebrity
> India.Arie Trivia
- Famous as : R&B singer
- Birth Name : India Arie Simpson
- Birth Date : October 03, 1975
- Birth Place : Denver, Colorado, USA
- Spouse : -
- Claim to Fame : Single "Video" from album "Acoustic Soul" (2001)
- Her song "I am Not My Hair" won Outstanding Song in the 2007 NAACP Awards.
- Had her previously unreleased version of "I Am Not My Hair", a duet with Pink, featured in a new Lifetime Television movie, "Why I Wore Lipstick to My Mastectomy" (October 2006).
- Sang "Get It Together" for the soundtrack of "Shark Tale" (2004) and "Purify Me" for that of "Diary of a Mad Black Woman" (2005).
- Appeared as Nina Simone on the NBC series "American Dreams" in 2003.
- "Good Man" became the soundtrack of "We Were Soldiers" (2002).
- Her song titled "Good Man" told about what it means to lose a loved one, the effect it can have on children and the person who's left behind.
- Created "What About The Child" as an available download worth $1 on Internet in her support for child victims of Hurricanes Katrina and Rita.
- Wrote "Just 4 2day" especially for "The Tyra Banks Show."
- Has collaborated with other noted music artists like John Mellencamp, Cassandra Wilson, Stevie Wonder, and Sergio Mendes.
- Placed a dot in the middle of her name so that it became more recognizable.
- Once had performed in coffee shops during the beginning of her singing career.
- Her favorite musicians mostly are singer-songwriters, including Stevie Wonder, James Taylor, Bonnie Raitt, Oleta Adams, Vince Gill, and George Benson.
- Was named India by her parents in tribute to Mahatma Gandhi with whom she shared a birthday.