Christian Bale Trivia
- Home > Celebrity
> Christian Bale
> Christian Bale Trivia
- Famous as : Actor
- Birth Name : Christian Charles Philip Bale
- Birth Date : January 30, 1974
- Birth Place : Haverfordwest, Pembrokeshire, Wales
- Spouse : Sibi Blazic (former model and makeup artist, since 29-Jan-00)
- Claim to Fame : As Jim Graham in "Empire of the Sun" (1987)
- Was chosen as the Best Villain for the highly anticipated "Batman Begins" (2005) at the 2006 MTV Movie Awards show held on June 3rd.
- Is a keen environmental and social worker in various organizations, such as Greenpeace, WWF, Ark Trust, Dian Fossey Gorilla Fund, Redwings Sanctuary and Happy Child Mission.
- Is an outstanding horseman and keen reader.
- Backed out from formal acting lesson at the Royal Academy of Dramatic Art (RADA) when he was twenty and chose to focus on working only to regret it later.
- Decided not to perform his promotional interviews for the movie "Batman Begins" (2005) in his native mixed Welsh-British accent because Batman was such an 'American icon'.
- His two big roles, Bateman in "American Psycho" (2000) and Batman in "Batman Begins" (2005) differ in a single letter.
- Was a runner for the role of Dick Grayson aka Robin in "Batman Forever" (1995) but Chris O'Donnell eventually got it.
- Only consumed a single vitamin from a nutritionist, ate salads and apples, chewed gum, smoked cigarettes, and drank nonfat lattes for his role in "The Machinist" (2004).
- Was the seventh actor to play Bruce Wayne aka Batman, the youngest and the first non-American to portray the character.
- Was introduced to his wife, Sibi Blazic by Winona Ryder. Blazic was Ryder's personal assistant.
- Had a 10 weeks course of dancing for his act in "Newsies" (1992) and martial arts for his role in "Swing Kids" (1993).
- Used to have a house in Manhattan Beach, which he shared with his sister, Louise Bale.
- Loves animals and picks two stray dogs and three stray cats that become his pets.
- Has an ear for accents and had changed his accents throughout his different movies.
- His father suffered from brain lymphoma and died at the age of 62.
- His stepmother, Gloria Steinem is a feminist author.
- His sister, Louise Bale is an award-winning theatre director and actor and also appeared in "Newsies" (1992).
- His grandfather was a stand-up comic and children's entertainer while his great-uncle, Rex Bale, was an actor.
- Was raised in England, Portugal and California.