if ($layoutType == 'mobile')
mb_bottomframe($kanal, $htmlfile, $brstatus);
Heath Ledger Trivia
- Home > Celebrity
> Heath Ledger
> Heath Ledger Trivia
- Famous as : Actor
- Birth Name : Heath Andrew Ledger
- Birth Date : April 04, 1979
- Birth Place : Perth, Western Australia
- Spouse : -
- Claim to Fame : As Gabriel Martin in "The Patriot" (2000)
- Had the L.A.-based organization Australians in Film (AIF) launched the Heath Ledger Scholarship Fund in May 2008 as a tribute to him which was meant to help wannabe Australian actors to expand their careers in the U.S.
- Had his final portrait titled "Heath", which was painted by Australian artist Vincent Fantauzzo at his family's Perth home in December 2007, won the People's Choice Award at the 2008 Australia's Archibald Prize Exhibition.
- Had his role of Joker in movie "The Dark Knight" (2008) being immortalized in the form of a toy doll by toy giants Mattel (February 2008).
- Had the shirts he and Jake Gyllenhaal wore in "Brokeback Mountain" (2005) up for sale on eBay as part of an auction to benefit Variety, the Children's Charity of Southern California (February 2006).
- Was slated to play the Devil in "End of Days" (1999) opposite Arnold Schwarzenegger but he later was replaced.
- Described himself as an accepting, happy, dreamy, and nervous person.
- Was able to play guitar, bongos, tambourine, and triangle.
- Had two dogs: a Yorkshire Terrier named Bob and a Cocker Spaniel named Ned.
- Most of his clothes were designed by his friend, Shem.
- Liked reading, writing, snowboarding, surfing, walking around outdoors, climbing, playing tennis, and doing photography.
- Was named after the main character of Emily Bronte's "Wuthering Heights" and so is his sister, Kate.
- Had the same birthday with Hugo Weaving and Natasha Lyonne.
- Named the 3rd Best Actor at the 2005 National Society of Film Critics (NSFC) held at Manhattan eatery Sardi's on January 7th.
- Voted the Best Performer in the Take Seven critics poll conducted by New York's The Village Voice for his action in the 2005 film "Brokeback Mountain".
- Mentioned as one of People Magazine's Sexiest Men Alive by November 2005.
- Was voted No. 8 Most Wanted Summer Hunk in a poll conducted by Entertainment Tonight TV in July 2005.
- Loves black-and-white movies, rainy days, and musical theater, especially those performed by Fosse's Cabaret and All That Jazz.
- Was among the lucky stars set to receive the invitations to join the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences (July 2006).
- Turned down the chance to replace Russell Crowe in Baz Luhrmann's new $150 million untitled film epic, which reportedly will be set around the Japanese bombing of Darwin, Australia, in 1942 (June 2006).
- Obtained several awards for hockey during his high school study.
- Was the candidate to portray the title character in Oliver Stone's "Alexander" (2004) before it was taken over by Colin Farrell.
- Turned down the role of Kar in "Bulletproof Monk" (2003).
- Was named Man of the Year: Actor by Australian GQ Magazine in 2003.
- Was mentioned as one of People Magazine's 50 Most Beautiful People by 2001.
- Injured his finger when filming "The Patriot" (2000) so it had to be sticthed.
- Joined the audition for the role of Max in TV series of "Roswell" (1999).
- Was the member of Australia's Kalamunda Field Hockey team in 1990.
- Coordinated his high school team in a nationwide high-school dance competition named Rock Eisteddfod and led the team to be the winner.
- His most favorite Shakespearean play is "The Life & Death of King Richard III."
- Acted as sheep in kindergarten and a donkey in Christmas story.
- His favorite movies include "Children of Paradise" (1945), "The Pirate" (1948), and "Ponette" (1996).
- His first celebrity crush was Judy Garland.
- His favorite film choreographer is Bob Fosse.
- Had a job of washing cars before his career took off.