Episode PremiereFebruary 21, 2011
Show Period2010 - now
Production CompanyAlloy Entertainment, Warner Horizon Television
Cast and Crew
ScreenwriterOliver Goldstick, Francesca Rollins
- Lucy Hale as Aria Montgomery
- Troian Bellisario as Spencer Hastings
- Ashley Benson as Hanna Marin
- Shay Mitchell as Emily Fields
- Sasha Pieterse as Alison DiLaurentis
- Ian Harding as Ezra Fitz
- Holly Marie Combs as Ella Montgomery
- Chad Lowe as Byron Montgomery
- Laura Leighton as Ashley Marin
- Bianca Lawson as Maya St. Germain
- Torrey Devitto
- Julian Morris as Wren
- Tammin Sursok as Jenna Marshall
- Janel Parrish as Mona Vanderwall
- Nia Peeples as Pam Fields
- Amber Borycki
As if Aria, Hanna, Spencer, and Emily don't have enough drama in their lives, Mr. Fitz decides to put on a school production of the award-winning play The Bad Seed, the story about a girl who wreaks havoc on her small town - eerily echoing our Pretty Little Liars' own troubles. The girls urge Aria to be Ezra's stage manager for the production, which backfires when the two prove to have an uncomfortable, awkward working relationship. Meanwhile, after seeing both his wife and daughter take a liking to Mr. Fitz, Byron asks him out for a drink, where the two begin to form a common bond over literature.
At the Marin household, Ashley grows increasingly suspicious of their lack of food, as Hanna has been secretly housing foster boy Caleb in their basement. Later, Hanna shares a first kiss with her houseguest. And Spencer enlists Caleb to help crack Jenna's phone for any secret messages she's been sending, but he can't hack it.
Finding more and more parallels with the play, the girls flash back to a college party Alison took them to in an effort to spy on Ian; when a tipsy girl takes a nasty tumble down the stairs there, the girls are left to question - was it Ian, or Ali?
And "A" plants a bloody trophy of Ian's in the school's prop department, which the girls stumble upon and turn into the police.