The Jennifer Lawrence-starring movie beats out 'The Avengers' and 'The Amazing Spider-Man' for the coveted title, while Kristen Stewart takes home two prizes from the event.
On March 23, the 26th annual Kids Choice Awards was held at the USC Galen Center in Los Angeles. "The Hunger Games" was voted as the Favorite Movie beating out the likes of superhero films "The Avengers" and "The Amazing Spider-Man".
Surprisingly, Oscar-winning actress Jennifer Lawrence lost to Kristen Stewart in Favorite Movie Actress category. Stewart also won the Favorite Female Buttkicker Award for her role in "Snow White and the Huntsman". "I had a shirt in kindergarten, it said: 'Kick butt first. Take names later,' " she said. "Thank you very much for honouring me in this way, I feel like I've finally realized my kindergarten self."
Another winner that night was Johnny Depp who beat out Andrew Garfield for the Favorite Movie Actor Award, thanks to his role in "Dark Shadows". Unlike Stewart who got covered in the green slime after hugging slime-covered presenters Sandra Bullock and Neil Patrick Harris, Depp was smart enough to avoid it while picking up his orange blimp-shaped trophy.
Other winners in movie included Disney animated film "Wreck-It Ralph" which took home the award for Favorite Animated Movie, beating out Oscar winner "Brave" and "Madagascar 3: Europe's Most Wanted".
Nickelodeon's 2013 Kids' Choice Awards Winners in Movie:
- Favorite Movie: "The Hunger Games"
- Favorite Movie Actor: Johnny Depp - "Dark Shadows"
- Favorite Movie Actress: Kristen Stewart - "The Twilight Saga's Breaking Dawn Part II"
- Favorite Animated Movie: "Wreck-It Ralph"
- Favorite Voice from an Animated Movie: Adam Sandler - "Hotel Transylvania"
- Favorite Male Buttkicker: Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson - "Journey 2: The Mysterious Island"
- Favorite Female Buttkicker: Kristen Stewart - "Snow White and the Huntsman"