Jennifer Lawrence, Josh Hutcherson and Liam Hemsworth are scheduled to meet press and fans during a tour that include stops in cities like Los Angeles, Seattle, Atlanta, Dallas and more.
Fans of "The Hunger Games" will have a special chance to meet the cast of the highly anticipated movie directly. Lionsgate Films announced on Tuesday, February 21 that talents, including Jennifer Lawrence, Josh Hutcherson and Liam Hemsworth, from the Gary Ross-directed film will be embarking on a national mall tour to meet press and greet their fans starting March 3 - 10.
The mall tour will involve stops in several cities like Los Angeles, Atlanta, Miami, Dallas and Seattle. Each stop will have a Q&A session where fans could ask questions to their beloved cast members. They can also participate in fun giveaways, including a chance to win a limited-edition "Hunger Games" HP Folio PC from the Microsoft Store or additional "Hunger Games" gear. The stars will be available for select press opportunities the morning of each tour stop.
In addition to announcing the mall tour schedule, Lionsgate unveiled two brand new TV spots for "The Hunger Games". While the first focuses on Katniss Everdeen as she volunteers to replace her sister as the District 12 Tribute, the second highlights Katniss and Peeta Mellark as District 12 team during their training in Capitol before the games kick off.
An adaptation of Suzanne Collins' bestselling novel, "The Hunger Games" follows Katniss who replaces his sister Primrose in annual deadly games sponsored by the Panem government. With the help from mentor Haymitch Abernathy, Katniss is forced to rely upon her sharp instincts to survive in the games.
To open wide in the U.S. theaters on March, 23, the much awaited movie is also supported by Woody Harrelson, Elizabeth Banks, Lenny Kravitz, Stanley Tucci and Wes Bentley.
"The Hunger Games" Mall Tour Schedule:
- Saturday, March 3 in Los Angeles: Fan event at the Westfield Century City (Talent: Gary Ross, Jennifer Lawrence, Josh Hutcherson and Liam Hemsworth)
- Tuesday, March 6 in Atlanta: Fan event at JW Marriott Atlanta Buckhead (Talent: Liam Hemsworth, Leven Rambin, Dayo Okeniyi, Amandla Stenberg and Jack Quaid)
- Wednesday, March 7 in Phoenix: Fan event at the Scottsdale Fashion Square (Talent: Liam Hemsworth, Leven Rambin, Dayo Okeniyi and Jack Quaid)
- Wednesday, March 7 in Chicago: Fan event at the Westfield Fox Valley (Talent: Josh Hutcherson, Isabelle Fuhrman and Jacqueline Emerson)
- Thursday, March 8 in Miami: Fan event at the Westfield Broward (Talent: Jennifer Lawrence, Alexander Ludwig and Amandla Stenberg)
- Thursday, March 8 in Dallas: Fan event at Galleria Dallas (Talent: Josh Hutcherson, Isabelle Fuhrman and Jacqueline Emerson)
- Friday, March 9 in Minneapolis: Fan event at the Mall of America (Talent: Jennifer Lawrence, Alexander Ludwig, Amandla Stenberg, Josh Hutcherson, Isabelle Fuhrman and Jacqueline Emerson)
- Saturday, March 10 in Seattle: Fan event at the University Village (Talent: Jennifer Lawrence, Liam Hemsworth and Josh Hutcherson)
TV Spot #2: "Team"