Tyrese Gibson Trivia
- Home > Celebrity
> Tyrese Gibson
> Tyrese Gibson Trivia
- Famous as : R&B singer, actor
- Birth Name : Tyrese Darnell Gibson
- Birth Date : December 30, 1978
- Birth Place : Watts Quarters, Los Angeles, USA
- Spouse : Norma Mitchell (2-Dec-07 - Jan-09)
- Claim to Fame : As Roman Pearce in "2 Fast 2 Furious" (2003)
- Became the host of the 2006 Soul Train Music Awards alongside Vivica A. Fox.
- Once was a member of an underground rap group called Triple Impact.
- Voted the 4th in the poll conducted by In Touch Weekly on the Sexiest Guy of Summer 2007.
- Became a model for Tommy Hilfiger by age seventeen.
- Was the host of "MTV Jams" (1996) from year 1999 to 2000.
- Was included in People Magazine's Sexiest Men of the Year list by 2000.
- Appeared in the July 2003 issue of Playgirl.
- Admitted that he has a fear of owls on "The New Tom Green Show" (2003) just by looking at a painting of the animal and was freaked out when Green afterwards drew a picture of an owl for him.
- Was one of the judges on the 2002 Miss Universe Pageant.
- His role in "Baby Boy" (2001) was originally intended for the late Tupac Shakur who was shot to death in 1996.
- Started an annual charity event, Watts Day, which contains fundraising performances by a group of artists giving back to the community in which they were raised, in 2000.
- Purchased his first house at the age of 16.
- Came to the Coca-Cola contest 2 hours late but managed to impress the jury with his voice when singing "A Ribbon in the Sky" which led him to be the winner of the competition.
- Has nine tattoos on his body.
- His childhood dream was to be a garbage man.
- Donated over $300,000 to build the first Boys and Girls Youth.
- Is the childhood friend of Brandy.
- Has a strong resemblance with model Tyson Beckford.
- Established the 2000 Watts Foundation, an organization dedicated to turn the condition of his hometown into a better one and to provide opportunities to its young citizens.
- Was featured in Monica's "Angel of Mine" music video and that of Swv's "Rain."